Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
swampash
Legend

All in favour of creating a good atmosphere Sid, but actively sanctioning pyrotechnics on that scale is plain ridiculous. It betrays a lack of concern for the safety of those in the ground - we have seen enough examples of how dangerous football stadiums can be.
FuB
Site Admin

Got to agree with swamps on that. Doesn't take a lot to start a fire and panic kills
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Lazarus
Legend

No need to worry about fireworks at Old Trafford....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Unitedroad wrote:drums should be saved for the concert halls and bands not inside a football stadium where I find them immensely annoying.
Milans results and Dortmund who sit 20 odd points behind Munich and indeed CPalace as opposed to Manchester City and their empty seats seem to currently cast doubt on this theory .

Two examples don't cast doubt on a well researched informed academic study. But if it makes you feel better.

Dortmund's atmosphere played a crucial role in toppling the mighty Bayern. You need quality of course, but to deny the role of an atmosphere is bullshit when it clearly helps. It shows football has become a TV show for most Prem fans like yourself.
FuB
Site Admin

Do you still have a link for that study, Sid? I'm interested in how they measured these concepts and correlated them. Doesn't strike me as an easily quantifiable thing, really.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

FuB wrote:Got to agree with swamps on that. Doesn't take a lot to start a fire and panic kills

Modern standing terracing, which encourages a much better atmosphere, that has room between bars and seats that fold up is far safer than 750000 seats which causes backlogs and people to fall over.

The evidence can't be denied now. Lower league teams and Celtic have installed it to great success. And talks are being had to introduce it in the Prem. The Prem and the FA both want it, as do most clubs. It just needs a change in the law. It's only a matter of time IMO. If the rich cunts in the Prem authorities want it, it's happening.

Thank fuck as well
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I will, Fub

Meanwhile, Juve, you can't write em off

Tottenham are fucked
FuB
Site Admin

well, no one's arguing against having a better atmosphere... just that letting off fireworks isn't the best way about it. I think that stands regardless of the type of terracing but I don't doubt that cramped seating in modern stadiums would be a fucking deathtrap if a fire broke out.
FuB
Site Admin

Sid wrote:I will, Fub

Meanwhile, Juve, you can't write em off

Tottenham are fucked

yeah... allegri: one sub, two goals in 10 mins. not sure why no one mentions him when we're all banging on about which manager would be best.

should have watched this with my father-in-law. didn't think any of you fuckers would be bothered either.
bman2
Legend

It's a warning for us not to take beating Sevilla at home for granted. Not that they have anyone like Higuain or Dybala.