Is there a hierarchy for goals?

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

7 months ago

Snoops has been making stuff up again, claiming i said some shit about Pogbas goals being 3rd goals therefore not as important. (Any time your ready Snoops you can show me what i said, that has got under your skin.)

What do the rest of you think?
Is the third goal in a 4-0 as important as the first goal?
Is a winning goal as important as an equalising goal?
Is scoring in a tight drawn game more significant than a 4th goal in a route?
Is a goal scored in a lost match just as important?
Do players celebrations say anything about the goal just scored?
Are goals scored against better teams more important than those scored against lesser opposition?
Does the kind of goals a player scores reflect on their ability?

Is there a hierarchy for goals?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Snoopcousins
Legend

7 months ago

Does he golden boot only include ‘important’ goals?

Every goal is important
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Snoopcousins
Legend

7 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
7 months ago
Pogba's killer goals and assists this season......

13-08-2017 United v's West Ham 4-0 Scores last goal on 90 mins.

19-08-2017 Swansea v's United 0-4 Scores third goal on 82 mins. Assist (United found the breakthrough on the stroke of half-time when Bailly reacted quickest to convert a rebound after Fabianski had expertly tipped Pogba's header onto the crossbar.).

09-09-2017 Stoke v's United 2-2 Assist (United responded swiftly as Nemanja Matic flicked on a corner and Pogba's header went in off Rashford.)

18-11-2017 United v's Newcastle 4-1 Scores 3rd goal on 54 mins. Assist (Martial got Man Utd back on terms with a far-post header from Pogba's fine lifted cross from the right.)

02-12-2017 Arsenal v's United 1-3 Two assists (United took an early lead through Valencia, who pinched the ball ahead of Sead Kolasinac before playing a one-two with Pogba and drilling the ball through Petr Cech's legs. United then had their third just after the hour-mark, with Pogba holding off Laurent Koscielny before playing it over for Lingard to tap in.) Red carded.

05-12-2017 United v's CSKA Moscow 2-1 Assist (Sumptuous pass that Pogba provided for Romelu Lukaku to claim only his second goal in 13 matches)

01-01-2018 Everton v's United 0-2 Two assists (A dominant spell eventually paid dividends for United when they scored from a counter-attack, with Pogba picking out Martial, who set himself on the edge of the area before curling his effort beyond Pickford. Lingard bent in the all-important second goal after ghosting past Michael Keane 20 yards out.)

15-01-2018 United v's Stoke 3-0 Two assists (Martial made Stoke pay when he added a second seven minutes before the break.Paul Pogba provided the assist with a crisp pass.)

07-04-2018 City v's United 2-3 Scores two goals 53, 55.

18-04-2018 Bourmouth v's United 0-2 Assist (Set up Lukaku for United's second.)

21-04-2018 United v's Spurs 2-1 Assist (Pogba picked out Sanchez with an inch-perfect cross and the Chilean headed home.)
Lol....in this post you went to great lengths to dismiss his contributions

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Lazarus
Legend

7 months ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
7 months ago
Does he golden boot only include ‘important’ goals?

Every goal is important
No the Golden boot counts all goals and every goal is important. But that's not the proposition. Try reading the question again. Is there a hierarchy for goals?
Lazarus
Legend

7 months ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
7 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
7 months ago
Pogba's killer goals and assists this season......

13-08-2017 United v's West Ham 4-0 Scores last goal on 90 mins.

19-08-2017 Swansea v's United 0-4 Scores third goal on 82 mins. Assist (United found the breakthrough on the stroke of half-time when Bailly reacted quickest to convert a rebound after Fabianski had expertly tipped Pogba's header onto the crossbar.).

09-09-2017 Stoke v's United 2-2 Assist (United responded swiftly as Nemanja Matic flicked on a corner and Pogba's header went in off Rashford.)

18-11-2017 United v's Newcastle 4-1 Scores 3rd goal on 54 mins. Assist (Martial got Man Utd back on terms with a far-post header from Pogba's fine lifted cross from the right.)

02-12-2017 Arsenal v's United 1-3 Two assists (United took an early lead through Valencia, who pinched the ball ahead of Sead Kolasinac before playing a one-two with Pogba and drilling the ball through Petr Cech's legs. United then had their third just after the hour-mark, with Pogba holding off Laurent Koscielny before playing it over for Lingard to tap in.) Red carded.

05-12-2017 United v's CSKA Moscow 2-1 Assist (Sumptuous pass that Pogba provided for Romelu Lukaku to claim only his second goal in 13 matches)

01-01-2018 Everton v's United 0-2 Two assists (A dominant spell eventually paid dividends for United when they scored from a counter-attack, with Pogba picking out Martial, who set himself on the edge of the area before curling his effort beyond Pickford. Lingard bent in the all-important second goal after ghosting past Michael Keane 20 yards out.)

15-01-2018 United v's Stoke 3-0 Two assists (Martial made Stoke pay when he added a second seven minutes before the break.Paul Pogba provided the assist with a crisp pass.)

07-04-2018 City v's United 2-3 Scores two goals 53, 55.

18-04-2018 Bourmouth v's United 0-2 Assist (Set up Lukaku for United's second.)

21-04-2018 United v's Spurs 2-1 Assist (Pogba picked out Sanchez with an inch-perfect cross and the Chilean headed home.)
Lol....in this post you went to great lengths to dismiss his contributions
:)) I knew you'd quote this.

What lengths did i go to? Those are the facts, what actually happened, rather than what you imagined or hoped would happen. Where have i dismissed his contributions? Your madness knows no bounds. I've included any positive reviews of his contributions. (i've highlighted them, I even included a 'pre-assist', maybe you could highlight the dismissive stuff.)

You'll probably ignore this post, like you ignored the last few i made.....
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

Every goal is sacred, every goal is great. If a goal gets wasted, God gets quite irate.
Snoopcousins
Legend

7 months ago

Pogba has very good stats for a CM this year...especially given his injury etc

And no...there is no hierarchy for goals....no one chooses to score only ‘important’ goals....

Saying that ....Cantona scored a hell of a lot of important goals...all those 1-0 wins

But I don’t think there’s a hierarchy

bman2
Legend

7 months ago

Yeah 6 goals and 10 assists is respectable for someone who still hasn't quite hit 2000 minutes in the league this season, especially since he was playing in a fairly deep position for half that time. De Bruyne at 8 and 15 in 3000 minutes is only barely better in a goals or assist per minute sense.
marlon
Legend

7 months ago

There's definitely a hierachy for individual goals but it doesn't matter when it comes to totals
Lazarus
Legend

7 months ago

Yup he ignored it, like it just wasn't there.......... Instead it's more Pogbaganda.