back to these cunts ffs

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

The only hope to cling to right now is that Fred makes a real impact and that our WC players continue their good tournament form for United. Otherwise there's not much buzz just a few weeks before the start of the season. I suppose that's only natural after the WC though.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Tahith Chong played, here's some highlights

He's quick, got good technique, uses his first touch to get away from his man. But Mourinho's already said he's "physically limited" after his first fucking game :)) which is curtains for a Jose player

“Of course physically he has his limitations, and when he has one more touch and he allows that body contact of course he loses it, but when he makes the ball move and attacks people one against one, he has quality. He’s a good kid.”

There's a lot of potential there. He's 6ft and yet to fill out. But it sounds like Jose isn't too impressed with him. Doesn't matter anyway, when Sanchez joins the tour Chong will be put back in the shadows.
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

Why does he have to say the negative shite? Why can't he just keep the negative shite behind closed doors? Why?

.......and a draw to kick things off with in the USA!!! The result of death for next season, we can't afford draws next season, unless they are against the title challengers and we really want to be winning those matches.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

Another player that will probably be great somewhere else.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

United 0-0 San Jose Earthquakes

Jose Mourinho’s side were unable to beat the Earthquakes, who have just two wins from 19 in the MLS this season, in a drab game in front of a sparse crowd at the home of the San Francisco 49rs.

Just 32,549 turned out in the 68,500-capacity arena, even with tickets changing hands for as little as $10.

There was a smattering of boos at the final whistle after the drab encounter, with United never looking like scoring in a game low on chances and entertainment.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

I don't think Jose referring to the tour as a disaster will have helped ticket sales tbf

I know it's only preseason but the shite attendances will be a cause for concern for Woodward and the board because these preseason tours are basically just money making ventures. And we'll have lost a few quid in these last couple of games on the gate alone.
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 41553.html

Seems like Martial has mentally checked out. Who's next?
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
I don't think Jose referring to the tour as a disaster will have helped ticket sales tbf

I know it's only preseason but the shite attendances will be a cause for concern for Woodward and the board because these preseason tours are basically just money making ventures. And we'll have lost a few quid in these last couple of games on the gate alone.
Did he really say that? :))
Lakendary
First Teamer

1 year ago

I've just watched The Warm Down by Stephen Howson and Statman Dave. Dave says the fans are very negative and should be very grateful.

The whole time I was watching that I just wanted to scream at Dave. Yes, a lot of the fans care too much about the transfers. To a lot it's all about who are we buying and what big star is coming to United.

I'm not really that negative about the transfers. Whoever comes is not going to make us play better. Well, according to Dave, in the video he says Dalot and Fred have been EXCELLENT signings. I'm not so sure, but cool Dave. Let's see.

I'm negative because the fucking football is so fucking negative. Yes we've been spoilt with 13 league trophies and 2 champions leagues. We are very spoilt fans. But surely the football on the pitch is a concern, right?

Am I the only one that feels this way or is Dave right, we are just negative sods anyway and love a complain?
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

You can never truly know what the majority of fans are thinking but you can make an educated guess, and judging from the majority of fans on the Caf, on here, social media and in post match vids most fans were very negative come the end of last season, because it was so shite. Also the media coverage was generally negative too, and that influences fan opinion. Even the pundits were negative, arse lickers like Nev and Scholes criticised Mourinho.

So Dave is the odd one out IMO. For me he bases a lot of his opinions on stats. It's quite an academic approach to what is entertainment. He might find game where we defend like cunts against relegation fodder entertaining because our interception stats were high, but the majority of fans want drama, goals, attacking football - the same thing we wanted under Gaal and Moyes (and fools actually thought Mourinho would deliver that).

I remember him raving about signing Matic last season, doing some in depth tactical analysis into how he'll make Pogba play like a great attacking mid. Well that fucking dint happen did it.

So Dave is wrong for me. Bit of a twat as well, has to be said. Nice to see Howson though, now that Snoop isn't around.
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

Lakendary wrote:
1 year ago

I've just watched The Warm Down by Stephen Howson and Statman Dave. Dave says the fans are very negative and should be very grateful.

The whole time I was watching that I just wanted to scream at Dave. Yes, a lot of the fans care too much about the transfers. To a lot it's all about who are we buying and what big star is coming to United.

I'm not really that negative about the transfers. Whoever comes is not going to make us play better. Well, according to Dave, in the video he says Dalot and Fred have been EXCELLENT signings. I'm not so sure, but cool Dave. Let's see.

I'm negative because the fucking football is so fucking negative. Yes we've been spoilt with 13 league trophies and 2 champions leagues. We are very spoilt fans. But surely the football on the pitch is a concern, right?

Am I the only one that feels this way
or is Dave right, we are just negative sods anyway and love a complain?
Have you read many posts on here........?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X