matic is shite tbf

Manchester United chat
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5181
Joined: 6 years ago

9 months ago

Herrera's become a weird player. He has a few too many lapses in concentration to be a lone holding player but he doesn't offer enough on the ball to be an 8 in a three either. He's probably be better off in a 2 with Fred and 4 attackers in front of them. I agree he's a better option than Matic for now though.

Although I can't see how you'd put our best midfield together without Pogba.
User avatar
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend
Posts: 4823
Joined: 6 years ago

9 months ago

marlon wrote:
9 months ago
Herrera's become a weird player. He has a few too many lapses in concentration to be a lone holding player but he doesn't offer enough on the ball to be an 8 in a three either. He's probably be better off in a 2 with Fred and 4 attackers in front of them. I agree he's a better option than Matic for now though.

Although I can't see how you'd put our best midfield together without Pogba.
For me its about balance and team ethic. He's got brilliance in him that none of the other have, but it comes at a price. I don't think we can carry a player like that at the minute.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 5086
Joined: 6 years ago

9 months ago

Herrera isnt good at anything or bad at anything. Fletcher.
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5181
Joined: 6 years ago

9 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
9 months ago
marlon wrote:
9 months ago
Herrera's become a weird player. He has a few too many lapses in concentration to be a lone holding player but he doesn't offer enough on the ball to be an 8 in a three either. He's probably be better off in a 2 with Fred and 4 attackers in front of them. I agree he's a better option than Matic for now though.

Although I can't see how you'd put our best midfield together without Pogba.
For me its about balance and team ethic. He's got brilliance in him that none of the other have, but it comes at a price. I don't think we can carry a player like that at the minute.
I don't think we have a choice - in terms of passing ability in the team it goes: Pogba, Mata, then a huge gap to the rest. (Hopefully Fred can add to that). Liverpool get away with it because it's all about pressing and they have Salah. Spurs are starting to struggle (which is presumably why Eriksen played in a two last night) but their front 4 and full backs are a good attacking unit. Our attack can't carry a purely functional midfield - we need Pogba for balance. A 352 would made so much sense for our midfield and attacking options if we could put a decent back three together.
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5181
Joined: 6 years ago

9 months ago

dozer wrote:
9 months ago
Herrera isnt good at anything or bad at anything. Fletcher.
He's good at pressing. With Fred, Lingard, Rashford and Sanchez we could field a pretty effective pressing team.
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5268
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

9 months ago

marlon wrote:
9 months ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
9 months ago
marlon wrote:
9 months ago
Herrera's become a weird player. He has a few too many lapses in concentration to be a lone holding player but he doesn't offer enough on the ball to be an 8 in a three either. He's probably be better off in a 2 with Fred and 4 attackers in front of them. I agree he's a better option than Matic for now though.

Although I can't see how you'd put our best midfield together without Pogba.
For me its about balance and team ethic. He's got brilliance in him that none of the other have, but it comes at a price. I don't think we can carry a player like that at the minute.
I don't think we have a choice - in terms of passing ability in the team it goes: Pogba, Mata, then a huge gap to the rest. (Hopefully Fred can add to that). Liverpool get away with it because it's all about pressing and they have Salah. Spurs are starting to struggle (which is presumably why Eriksen played in a two last night) but their front 4 and full backs are a good attacking unit. Our attack can't carry a purely functional midfield - we need Pogba for balance. A 352 would made so much sense for our midfield and attacking options if we could put a decent back three together.
The problem with insisting on picking Pogba because of his passing ability is that, all to often, that passing ability is regularly overshadowed by his much more prolific ability of shielding a ball and waiting for the other team to give him a reason to actually shield it, then falling over under pressure and being dispossessed so he can look imploringly at the referee for what was never a foul.

but, back on topic... Matic was, and is, an old cunt stopgap typical of Mourinho's mentality that was trying to buy any old aged centre half in the summer. this sort of short-termism is yet another reason why Mourinho needs to fuck off.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
marlon
Legend
Posts: 5181
Joined: 6 years ago

9 months ago

Why would you pick any of our other mids over Pogba though?
Davey-boy
Legend
Posts: 2828
Joined: 5 years ago

9 months ago

Pogba may be a bit of a showboaty cock prone to brain farts but he's also one of the very few players who can do brilliant things. Some of his passing is unbelievable at times
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5268
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

9 months ago

Yeah... but we often have to wait two or three games to see one of these passes come off.

Let's see how much real difference the bellend makes in his other home as he put it... I hope a lot but I ain't going to hold my breath
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15340
Joined: 6 years ago

9 months ago

Davey-boy wrote:
9 months ago
Pogba may be a bit of a showboaty cock prone to brain farts but he's also one of the very few players who can do brilliant things. Some of his passing is unbelievable at times
8-|
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Post Reply