Pogba Confirmed

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

Can we all at least agree now that Pogba is class?
FuB
Site Admin

bman2 wrote: 5 years ago Can we all at least agree now that Pogba is class?
Yeah... let's not derail the thread (my fault)

Pogba: class? This question is pretty complex, really. I think, on balance, detractors (I'm guilty here too) and Pogba-stats-tinted-specced fans alike, the question wasn't so much whether he had talent or the potential to be a class act. The question was more about whether he was showing it or not and no one can deny that he'd come into the team upon a wave of all-conquering promise of being "world class" - whatever the fuck that really means. If it really does mean something tangible then it surely doesn't just equal raw talent but needs to encompass tactical awareness, application, attitude (and he's been anything but classy there), contribution to the team, etc. Personally, I think he's been severely lacking in most of those areas so didn't warrant the world class tag he was more than happy to self-promote as much as anyone else wanted to discuss it.

There are plenty of reasons and excuses that have been touted as to why he's not shown what he should have been but I don't think any one of those excuses is really an answer for the lack of all of the traits I put in that (not exhaustive) list. Each excuse covers one or two, i.e. tactical awareness - who the fuck was ever aware of what Mourinho's tactics really were? Application - hard to perform well or consistently when you're being chucked under the bus publicly. Neither of those excuses his attitude though and that's been called out enough as the flipside of the Pogba excuse coin.

We've now been treated to three games bashing relatively poorly performing teams and he's looked like a completely different player. It's such a shit sample set and comes off the back of a much larger sample set of games where he's been almost like a spare tyre on the pitch and, regardless of this coming under a change of management, team ethic and all-round improved team play, it's still just a little bit too early to suddenly say he's all sorted now. what happens next time he faces a bit of a challenge? what if he gets criticised again under the current regime?

I still think it's a bit early to call him world class. he's undoubtedly a great talent and the signs are looking much more positive now. You asked if we all agree that he is "class"... I sort of think that was never actually the question, if you see what I mean.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Lazarus wrote: 5 years ago
bman2 wrote: 5 years ago
FuB wrote: 5 years ago
Sid wrote: 5 years ago
Not sure he'll come back, even to gloat about Pogba, because the reason he was shit was because of Snoops' god and leader, Jose. Plus he has a lot of other charges to answer.
The rift between them must have finally driven him mad. They were his two Golden Calves. :))
Already said this but I can't imagine he'd want to come back when he gets a mention regularly like that. I'm sure it's clear to him that he was mistaken in the past so, if he did come back, could you both see your way to gloating silently simply for the sake of getting another (ex-)member back?
I agree, what’s the point of the forum is there’s no differences of opinion. I liked Snoops’ contribution.
There's a big difference between differences of opinion and making shite up to wind people up and lying.... Besides he wasn't banned he slinked away on the point of having a breakdown. He can come back any time he wants, he just needs to grow a pair.
This is it, he can come back but he doesn't want to because he gave it loads with the other two who he consciously created a gang with that bullied and attacked anybody that said anything negative about Jose, which is why this place was so quiet for so long. Nobody dare offer up an opinion until they left because they saw the treatment me and Laz got for doing so.

And now that group has been blown apart and everything they said proven wrong, it's awkward for him and Alf. But that's not for me or anyone else to help em. It's their doing.

I don't want to derail the thread but this shit is going to raise it's head sooner or later and will need dealing with. I know I've been a cunt in the past due to being young, dumb and a twat. But I've said a couple of times now, I apologise, and I'm not going down that route again. I'm nearly 15 years older now. So there you go. Just felt like it needed saying again.

But yeah, to get the thread back on track, I'm a Pogba fanboy now. I'm buying into it all, the dancing, everything, I think he's class.
Lazarus
Legend

bman2 wrote: 5 years ago Can we all at least agree now that Pogba is class?
Ask me this time next year when he might have done some things.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
FuB
Site Admin

The rift between them must have finally driven him mad. They were his two Golden Calves. :))
Already said this but I can't imagine he'd want to come back when he gets a mention regularly like that. I'm sure it's clear to him that he was mistaken in the past so, if he did come back, could you both see your way to gloating silently simply for the sake of getting another (ex-)member back?
I agree, what’s the point of the forum is there’s no differences of opinion. I liked Snoops’ contribution.
There's a big difference between differences of opinion and making shite up to wind people up and lying.... Besides he wasn't banned he slinked away on the point of having a breakdown. He can come back any time he wants, he just needs to grow a pair.
This is it, he can come back but he doesn't want to because he gave it loads with the other two who he consciously created a gang with that bullied and attacked anybody that said anything negative about Jose, which is why this place was so quiet for so long. Nobody dare offer up an opinion until they left because they saw the treatment me and Laz got for doing so.

And now that group has been blown apart and everything they said proven wrong, it's awkward for him and Alf. But that's not for me or anyone else to help em. It's their doing.

I don't want to derail the thread but this shit is going to raise it's head sooner or later and will need dealing with. I know I've been a cunt in the past due to being young, dumb and a twat. But I've said a couple of times now, I apologise, and I'm not going down that route again. I'm nearly 15 years older now. So there you go. Just felt like it needed saying again.

But yeah, to get the thread back on track, I'm a Pogba fanboy now. I'm buying into it all, the dancing, everything, I think he's class.
I'm quite certain it's awkward for Snoops to come back. I was fairly vocal in disagreeing with him and his silly stats that meant fuck all or were just made up as well.

I only ask that, should he do so, it doesn't descend into some score settling grudge match... because that would just be as bad for everyone else as the last bunch of shit we had on here.

Regardless, it's fairly unlikely he's looking to come back for all the reasons you have both stated.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Lazarus
Legend

I'm quite certain it's awkward for Snoops to come back. I was fairly vocal in disagreeing with him and his silly stats that meant fuck all or were just made up as well.

I only ask that, should he do so, it doesn't descend into some score settling grudge match... because that would just be as bad for everyone else as the last bunch of shit we had on here.

Regardless, it's fairly unlikely he's looking to come back for all the reasons you have both stated.
Jeez Fub, do you really think that what I said to Snoops was my best shot at destroying him? I felt like we did everything but that and indeed went out of our way to not do that...... Snoops never offered the same olive branch.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

dozer wrote: 5 years ago I thought Pogba wasn't all that but it looks like he could be good.
Although Pogba still could just be using up some of the quota of the 5 good games a season he gives us.
yep I’m not buying this little run tbf
lkhm

hoofing
fat maradona
Legend

I'm nearly 15 years older now. So there you go.
Fuck me, it's been a while then.....for what it's worth, I do think you're less of a cunt these days. Well done you....

As for Pogba....I'll reserve judgement for a few more games yet. I don't expect him to deliver game in, game out but I do expect a bit more consistency. Aye, he's class alright but not world class.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 5 years ago
I'm nearly 15 years older now. So there you go.
Fuck me, it's been a while then.....for what it's worth, I do think you're less of a cunt these days. Well done you....

As for Pogba....I'll reserve judgement for a few more games yet. I don't expect him to deliver game in, game out but I do expect a bit more consistency. Aye, he's class alright but not world class.
Aw thanks, cuntchops

For me Pog is top drawer. But 4 games in 11 days will affect his form. I didn't see Salah tearing it up in all 4 games either, or any of the other top Prem players. He did alright against Newcastle, after 3 stellar performances in a row. Again, more consistent than any other top Prem player during the christmas period.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Under Jose Mourinho
14 Games
3 Goals
3 Assists

Under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
5 Games
4 Goals
4 Assists