vs Crystal Palace

Forum for match day threads
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

5 months ago

How can some of you seriously judge Fred yet is beyond me.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

5 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
5 months ago
How can some of you seriously judge Fred yet is beyond me.
Yeah I'd agree with that. First season in the PL for any South American is tough. Throw into the mix that his induction was under Mourinho, and since then he's had very little game time to start building some confidence and consistency...... Time to start judging will be next season.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

5 months ago

what does he do that makes you think he might become good
lkhm

hoofing
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

5 months ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
5 months ago
De Gea looked shit for at least a year when he signed.

Its not so much what he's done. Pep was very keen and he doesn't sign many duds.

He might stay shite. Just saying he needs a bit of time before being written off, and the circumstances of his first few months in English football also need taking into account.
marlon
Legend

5 months ago

De Gea was 20. Fred's about to turn 26. In fairness, none of the expensive mids signed last summer - Jorginho, Keita, Fabinho (+Kovacic on loan) - have made much of an impact. It's starting to look like the only good player we got for the £420m Mourinho spent was Pogba. (Dalot, Lindelof, Bailly and Lukaku are fine, but you wouldn't really want any of them to be your first choice in their positions).
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

5 months ago

marlon wrote:
5 months ago
De Gea was 20. Fred's about to turn 26. In fairness, none of the expensive mids signed last summer - Jorginho, Keita, Fabinho (+Kovacic on loan) - have made much of an impact. It's starting to look like the only good player we got for the £420m Mourinho spent was Pogba. (Dalot, Lindelof, Bailly and Lukaku are fine, but you wouldn't really want any of them to be your first choice in their positions).
Fair point on age. I just think, as a general rule, South American's take a while to settle in this league. He's never had a run in the side when its been set up properly. He's got a chance now - he wasn't great last night, but he'll likely get 4 or 5 games on the spin now so lets see how he does.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying I expect him to be great. I'm just prepared to give him the benefit of doubt and a bit of patience for now.

I don't even know what type of midfielder he is tbh.
Lazarus
Legend

5 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
5 months ago
FuB wrote:
5 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
5 months ago
.....oh the irony. So taking someones posts and calling them out is ok if it's current. It's a time related thing.

There's just so many unknown ad hominem rules.
yeah. let's try and keep the discussion current rather than bullying people for what they said two years ago.

I think you mean "ad hoc" though. ad hominem would be me saying you're a cunt
Ah right..... so no Fergie, Moyes, LVG, Jose mentions anymore, great! No referring to ex-players. No mentions of old Trophies. No mentions of previous formations. Hope you keep on top of yourself and everyone else the way you seem to have developed a need to personally police my posting activity.

As for bullying people, go fuck yourself. Have I bullied you? Do you feel bullied? If not back the fuck off and let the people you think are being bullied speak for themselves. Rant doesn't need a self appointed superhero.

...and no i meant ad hominem, not ad hoc. No you haven't called me a cunt but you have mentioned how you think i'm being ignored by posters, that my dealer is special and that i'm a bully.

"ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument."
....You could just apologise for starting this bullshit, rather than childishly ignoring my posts about your accusations. :-w
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
dozer
Legend

5 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
5 months ago
dozer wrote:
5 months ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
5 months ago
dozer wrote:
5 months ago
Never had a South American player do well for us. Except valencia.
Tevez. A cunt, but he did well when he was here.
Nah, he was underwhelming for us.
He unexpectedly played the champs league final when Fergie's first 11 included Park in every big game.
And Valencia has been better, has he?
Player of the season for the first 2 seasons straight iirc. He's been better than Tevez.
Tevez is the better player but he wasn't good for us. He was much better at City.
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
5 months ago
In his first few games he switched defence to attack quick. And he runs well with the ball.

But Pogba is doing that for us now, so maybe that's the problem; he's not giving us anything we don't have already
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

I would have liked to have seen Mickey play under Ole. He was class for Arsenal yesterday. His stats were never that bad for us tbf. We'd definitely be getting more out of him now than we are Sanchez.