Sid
Legend

4 months ago

3 points, surely

Pogba to play a blinder
Lazarus
Legend

4 months ago

Whatever......... Hope he plays the kids.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 months ago

Couldn’t give a fuck. The season just needs to end so we can see whether the club surprises us all by getting it’s shit together and goes after the desperately needed rebuild of this squad.
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

Who’s gonna do this rebuild? Still no dof.
Lazarus
Legend

4 months ago

Ole. It was Jose's, LVG's, Moyes's and Fergie's team they carry the burden. It's not like we haven't spent, if Ole doesn't get a tune out of the players he has it will be his fault. The DoF for me is just another layer of hierarchy that will have to have a say and i don't expect Woodworm to take a back seat. What matters for me is what is happening on the pitch.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 months ago

The DOF thing is basically just a representation of the fact that the game has changed and you can no longer pin all elements of recruitment on a manager. Scouting, Negotiations, Building a footballing vision and proper coaching. It all needs to come together. Ole cant do it all on his own.

I heard talk of Bale again today. Fuck no. If that happens, it’s proof that we plan to continue winging it.
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
4 months ago
The DOF thing is basically just a representation of the fact that the game has changed and you can no longer pin all elements of recruitment on a manager. Scouting, Negotiations, Building a footballing vision and proper coaching. It all needs to come together. Ole cant do it all on his own.

I heard talk of Bale again today. Fuck no. If that happens, it’s proof that we plan to continue winging it.
We've been after Bale since Moyes. That's 4 managers. It's clearly Woodward / the club that want him, because he's a massive name and will raise the profile of the club. But as a player, fuck that, get the next gen.
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
Ole. It was Jose's, LVG's, Moyes's and Fergie's team they carry the burden. It's not like we haven't spent, if Ole doesn't get a tune out of the players he has it will be his fault. The DoF for me is just another layer of hierarchy that will have to have a say and i don't expect Woodworm to take a back seat. What matters for me is what is happening on the pitch.
You could be right. We're not even looking for a director of football who would have more control, but a technical director who will still be answerable to Woodward. It could just add another layer of bureaucracy, and act as a shield for Ed whose getting more flak than ever now, after 3 failed managers.
Last edited by Sid on Thu May 02, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swampash
Legend

4 months ago

Sid wrote:
4 months ago
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
4 months ago

We've been after Bale since Moyes. That's 4 managers. It's clearly Woodward / the club that want him, because he's a massive name and will raise the profile of the club. But as a player, fuck that, get the next gen.
Forget Bale. We should be focussing on the next bunch of kids who are going to break into the big time rather than going after other teams' cast-offs.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Pikey McScum
Star Man

4 months ago

We should be busting our balls to sign players like Matthijs de Ligt - he looks a prospect!

EDIT: Score for Sunday, 0-4
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015