Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
sheesh
Legend

Liverpool signed Andrew Robertson from Hull and Spurs picked up Delle Ali from MK Dons, so there are some gems out there in the domestic market. I just don't trust our recruitment strategy.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

this is gonna be like dalglish at iverpool a few years ago tbf, shite like konchesky and joe cole and homegrown dross like spearing and martin kelly

they atleast got hendo and suarez out of it tbf
lkhm

hoofing
bman2
Legend

I actually like Sessegnon and thought before it could be a canny signing because he’s a bit flexible and a lefty.

But there’s definitely a whiff of passion, power, and pace about our new philosophy.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

sheesh wrote: 4 years ago Liverpool signed Andrew Robertson from Hull and Spurs picked up Delle Ali from MK Dons, so there are some gems out there in the domestic market. I just don't trust our recruitment strategy.
Good point. Poch and Klopp are top coaches though, does our set up have what it takes to turn kids into top players anymore?
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

The championship has some real quality, no doubt about it. Leeds have 4 or 5 really good young players who'll be strong premiership players over the next 2-3 years. If Villa don't go up, Grealish will get a move, probably to someone like Spurs.

John Stones had a season in the championship before Everton took him. Harry Maguire had a couple of years. In fact, quite a few of the England squad started their careers outside the top flight - Michael Keane, Kieran Trippier, Fabian Delph, Alli, Ward-Prowse, Redmond, Wilson. Ruben Neves was in that league last season.

Definitely quality to be had.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

That Longstaff from Newcastle doesn't look any different to McTominay

dozer
Legend

You know. McTominay has at least been as good as Herrera for us. He's got better defensive discipline too.
I don't rate Herrera and I don't expect much from McTominay either, but Herrera was worse than Fletcher for us.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

we sold fellaini for 6 mill
lkhm

hoofing
dozer
Legend

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote: 4 years ago we sold fellaini for 6 mill
It was 11 iirc, and Ole sold the only good impact player we have.