Pogba Confirmed

Manchester United chat
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

I'd like to see whatever we get for him reinvested in the team and not squandered. For that reason, i'd like us to make "a profit" in so much as the last three years have seen prices go sillier and sillier. Breaking even - if you don't count some concept of inflation there - on Pogba doesn't get you a great deal now. Maybe 89m gets us just the player (players at a huge pinch) we need but the more money you get, hopefully, the better the return. He hasn't given us much return on our investment whilst being in the club so he might as well get us some when he fucks off.

I won't be at all surprised if Real and Raiola manage to fuck us over but the best thing for the club if he goes is to realise his current commercial value and, regardless of whether you like him or not or whether he's been shit or not, it's still astronomical.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago

I know your ignoring me like a child but any chance you can explain how he's worth more now than when we bought him? Or how you'd now let our "starman" rot? Not one area of his game has improved, he dominated two games for us, he's totally inconsistent. The only way he's worth more is inflation and that's only if you are being really generous. I genuinely don't get why Juve or Real want him. There's part of me thinks they don't really and are just fucking with us to unsettle him.

Anyway..... he got on the plane to Australia looking like a fucking black cloud.
You can't ignore inflation. Bayern just spent 70m on a left back. De Ligt is looking like 100m and he's holding out for 400k/week. A CM who gets a goal or assist every other game for a team who struggles to score with plenty of time left on his contract is obviously going to be worth more.
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

marlon wrote:
1 year ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago

I know your ignoring me like a child but any chance you can explain how he's worth more now than when we bought him? Or how you'd now let our "starman" rot? Not one area of his game has improved, he dominated two games for us, he's totally inconsistent. The only way he's worth more is inflation and that's only if you are being really generous. I genuinely don't get why Juve or Real want him. There's part of me thinks they don't really and are just fucking with us to unsettle him.

Anyway..... he got on the plane to Australia looking like a fucking black cloud.
You can't ignore inflation. Bayern just spent 70m on a left back. De Ligt is looking like 100m and he's holding out for 400k/week. A CM who gets a goal or assist every other game for a team who struggles to score with plenty of time left on his contract is obviously going to be worth more.
I didn't ignore it, I raised the issue.... Funny how all the arguments about what he actually does for us are now forgotten and we're only addressing his price.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

FuB wrote:
1 year ago
I'd like to see whatever we get for him reinvested in the team and not squandered. For that reason, i'd like us to make "a profit" in so much as the last three years have seen prices go sillier and sillier. Breaking even - if you don't count some concept of inflation there - on Pogba doesn't get you a great deal now. Maybe 89m gets us just the player (players at a huge pinch) we need but the more money you get, hopefully, the better the return. He hasn't given us much return on our investment whilst being in the club so he might as well get us some when he fucks off.

I won't be at all surprised if Real and Raiola manage to fuck us over but the best thing for the club if he goes is to realise his current commercial value and, regardless of whether you like him or not or whether he's been shit or not, it's still astronomical.
Why does the 10, 20, 30 mill that we might get over what we paid for him matter so much when the Glazers have taken much more out of the club. Seems to me a mute point when the more important thing is that he wants out and isn't likely to get any better or happier if we force him to stay. He hasn't got the personality not to wallow, whine and bitch. Jesus, look at his face getting off the bus today.
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

"Since 2005 the Glazers’ takeover has drained the club of almost £1bn in terms of interest, costs, fees and dividends." From Sid's post in the Glazer thread.
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
FuB wrote:
1 year ago

Why does the 10, 20, 30 mill that we might get over what we paid for him matter so much when the Glazers have taken much more out of the club. Seems to me a mute point when the more important thing is that he wants out and isn't likely to get any better or happier if we force him to stay. He hasn't got the personality not to wallow, whine and bitch. Jesus, look at his face getting off the bus today.
I'd suggest that, because the Glazers have taken so much, every bit of spare cash counts.

I didn't suggest that we should force him to stay. I just pointed out that he's not in that great a position, contractually, to dictate his exit terms. You agreed with Brian that it would be great to be able to let him rot in the reserves to take him down a peg or two and, sure, that would be poetic justice for him but we all know that, realistically, this isn't going to happen. I still think we're in a pretty good position to demand a decent price for him and that's what any sensible business would do.
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

I hope Ole doesn't let Pogba kick a ball for us during this tour or indeed ever again. He should be made train away from our team so that he stays fit for any move and can't spread dissent.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 year ago

as if ole has any say
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

FuB
Legend

1 year ago

i think you more than make up for any love he might have on here... there doesn't seem to be a lot, though.