Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

We'll probably get taken to the cleaners for Maguire, but he'd probably be a good signing. I've often been quite impressed when I've seen him play. He's a good age and better than what we have, with the possible exception of Lindelof.

Not convinced by Milenkovic-Savic though, always looked like a bit of a galoot to me.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Galoot
bman2
Legend

It’s a rich language innit

Galoot is a bit like a nice way of saying Jose style player
bman2
Legend

Newcastle have quoted us £50m for Longstaff. So much for the “sign English” experiment. FFS just get in a professional transfer staff like you see at City, Leicester, Dortmund, Leipzig etc.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago It’s a rich language innit

So it is

"Galoot" is an old word used, primarily in Scotland, that means a person with an ungainly, cumbersome, and clumsy personality.

So Phil Jones then
FuB
Site Admin

Sid wrote: 4 years ago

So it is

"Galoot" is an old word used, primarily in Scotland, that means a person with an ungainly, cumbersome, and clumsy personality.

So Phil Jones then
Up until you posting that, i was associating it with Australian soaps... I'm sure I've heard someone say "you big galoot" in that context years and years ago.

either way, i feel it's a word that the forum needs to use more often now
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Apparently we're being a set of mardy cunts with Inter over the Rom deal because we think were difficult to deal with when we wanted Perisic.

Anything over 60m and I'd get shut. Hes not the sort of striker we want if we ever want to get around to being decent again.
Pikey McScum
First Teamer

FuB wrote: 4 years ago

So it is

So Phil Jones then
Up until you posting that, i was associating it with Australian soaps... I'm sure I've heard someone say "you big galoot" in that context years and years ago.

It's amazing the shite your brain retains, but here goes:

I think you're referring to the character Alf Stewart from the soap "Home & Away" who famously used to say "Ya flaming galah!" as way of inferring someone was being thick, idiotic etc.

A galah is apparently the real name for a bird...
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
FuB
Site Admin

Pikey McScum wrote: 4 years ago
FuB wrote: 4 years ago

So it is

So Phil Jones then

It's amazing the shite your brain retains, but here goes:

I think you're referring to the character Alf Stewart from the soap "Home & Away" who famously used to say "Ya flaming galah!" as way of inferring someone was being thick, idiotic etc.

A galah is apparently the real name for a bird...
I think you may well be right there, Pipey. Funny how when I read bman's post, I instantly heard that in my mind with an Australian accent. A bit of research just now indicates it was a favourite word of Yosemite Sam so maybe that's where I've conflated things from.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
sheesh
Legend

There really is fuck all happening at United, isn't there? (-|