Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

Greaseman to Barca....... :)) Remember when he was coming here to be besties with Pogba..... good times!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
fat maradona
Legend

sheesh wrote: 4 years ago There really is fuck all happening at United, isn't there? (-|
No, actually, we are probably signing a galoot, or is that a galah....oh, who fucking cares.

Word on the street is that Fernandes wants to come to United and if that fails, we are willing to pay £30m for an unknown 21 year old Turkish lad who scored four (yes, 4!) goals and made two (hell yeh, that's right, TWO) assists last season. If that doesn't send shivers down the spine of our competitors, I don't know what else would.
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 4 years ago
bman2 wrote: 4 years ago It’s a rich language innit

Galoot is a bit like a nice way of saying Jose style player
So it is

"Galoot" is an old word used, primarily in Scotland, that means a person with an ungainly, cumbersome, and clumsy personality.

So Phil Jones then
By my understanding of the term, Phil Jones really is the epitome of galootness.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago Greaseman to Barca....... :)) Remember when he was coming here to be besties with Pogba..... good times!
And how Griezmann was going to propel Mourinho's United to the league title and european cup

Those were simpler times
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Inter can't afford Lukaku, that's why there's been all this talk of including players and 10 year finance deals

We're going to be stuck with the 100m Everton CF ffs
bman2
Legend

We’re stuck with two bloody anchors in Lukaku and Sanchez. Jose’s legacy. Mind you, the club hasn’t been any better at shifting other duff players in recent years, so it’s not all on Jose. Players leave United when they want to these days, the club doesn’t seem to have much say in it.
bman2
Legend

Reports saying we've signed Maguire. He's a good player. That ought to improve our defence. Not speedy though, which can be a liability in this era of playing a high line.

So two solid defensive signings then, that's good, but we're crying out for some quality in midfield and attack, especially someone who's good on the right hand side. James seems like a bit of a punt to me -- he's quick and keen but not sure he has the quality, so I'm looking at him as more of a bonus than a real improvement to the attack.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I hope the reports that we've paid 70/80m are wrong. For that money you'd want a CB with pace and who isn't a bit gormless like he is.
marlon
Legend

Yeah that's rubbish. Most expensive defender ever? Is he even in the top 10/20 CBs in the world.
dozer
Legend

Reported initial fee of 60m with addons rising to 80m. That's okay.
It's better to overpay for a prem defender who knows the league rather than having a foreigner struggling to adapt. We've been struggling at CB so might as well shell out more to reduce the risk. He's at a good age as well.