Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
marlon
Legend

FuB wrote: 4 years ago
dozer wrote: 4 years ago
marlon wrote: 4 years ago
marlon wrote: 4 years ago The defence won't get much better no matter what CB we sign if we don't get a good DM
I may have missed something but have we been linked with any other DM than Longstaff? Pretty sure it's a no so, well, by your words we're fucked.
Yeah, I think so. Matic is a year older and our best ball winner in Herrera is gone. Solskjaer's currently playing Pogba in a 2, so we'd need a Kante-like player to make it work.

If de Gea's back to normal we could still concede less goals though
Let's not rewrite history here. Herrera was best at nothing, mediocre at everything. Worse than Fletcher at everything.
do you have any stats to prove that Herrera was our best ball winner Marlon? I'd wager that you do and maybe it'll shut dozer up for a while.
Most tackles, interceptions and passes blocked in the team pretty much every season he was here. But nothing's going to stop dozer being upset that people preferred herrera to fellaini.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

sheesh wrote: 4 years ago https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -53-9m-bid

I don't think Inter can afford him.
53m is a decent price for a CF that can't control the ball. Sell and dismantle Joses bus. But Ed is holding out for more to try and right the wrong of spending up to 100m on the cunt in the first place.
FuB
Site Admin

I may have missed something but have we been linked with any other DM than Longstaff? Pretty sure it's a no so, well, by your words we're fucked.
Yeah, I think so. Matic is a year older and our best ball winner in Herrera is gone. Solskjaer's currently playing Pogba in a 2, so we'd need a Kante-like player to make it work.

Let's not rewrite history here. Herrera was best at nothing, mediocre at everything. Worse than Fletcher at everything.
do you have any stats to prove that Herrera was our best ball winner Marlon? I'd wager that you do and maybe it'll shut dozer up for a while.
Most tackles, interceptions and passes blocked in the team pretty much every season he was here. But nothing's going to stop dozer being upset that people preferred herrera to fellaini.
as I thought. we just need to make sure we don't "rewrite history". as long as no one tries to suggest Fellaini was actually any good, we should be fine.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
fat maradona
Legend

marlon wrote: 4 years ago The defence won't get much better no matter what CB we sign if we don't get a good DM

I preferred your original reply, rather than the edited pussio version above.

Dozer does have a tendency to over exaggerate something. Including how good Fellaini was.

Hererra, despite being nothing more than a water carrier, was better than Fellaini every single time. He's better than Matic and better than Fletcher (except season 2008/09, when Fletch was ace for us).
fat maradona
Legend

Sid wrote: 4 years ago
sheesh wrote: 4 years ago https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -53-9m-bid

53m is a decent price for a CF that can't control the ball. Sell and dismantle Joses bus. But Ed is holding out for more to try and right the wrong of spending up to 100m on the cunt in the first place.
Disagree. Why should we get bent over when we buy and when we sell? Lukaku, as much as he doesn't suit our game or is good enough for us, is Belgium's No1 striker, their top striker, and so he is worth more than £53m. In today's market, he's worth paying £75m for.
FuB
Site Admin

fat maradona wrote: 4 years ago I preferred your original reply, rather than the edited pussio version above.
so did I but, upon reflection, it was based on my own misreading of marlon's post so I deleted it.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 4 years ago
Sid wrote: 4 years ago

Disagree. Why should we get bent over when we buy and when we sell? Lukaku, as much as he doesn't suit our game or is good enough for us, is Belgium's No1 striker, their top striker, and so he is worth more than £53m. In today's market, he's worth paying £75m for.
His record for Belgium is decent but that's because he's playing in a special team full of great players. I think 53m is decent, and about the most Inter can afford. There aren't any other clubs interested so that kind of fee is clearly putting them off. Don't forget Inter will have to shell out for his massive wages n all. But Conte has his heart set on him so I'd sell.
bman2
Legend

Conte wants him big time, and Conte knows how to win. Inter have spent a lot to get Conte, so they should prioritise getting the player he thinks is essential. Lukaku isn't our sort of player, but he'll probably get good numbers for Inter. Defo worth 75M given how the cunts tried to bilk us for Persovic. Or else they can cheap out and watch things falls apart when Conte (who is notorious for throwing strops) and the supporters blame them for not getting Lukaku.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I want that Nicolas Pepe cunt. He's worth a good 70/80m. Pure quality
swampash
Legend

Very prescient Sid - this in the Independent:
" Manchester United’s squad revamp continues at haste, with reports that talks with Lille are at an advanced stage to sign forward Nicolas Pepe. The club have this weekend rejected a fresh £54m offer from Inter Milan for Romelu Lukaku, but if the striker leaves a move for Pepe appears to be in the pipeline."