v Inter

Forum for match day threads
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

Wolves beat City to win the Asia Trophy on pens.....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
marlon
Legend

1 month ago

FuB wrote:
1 month ago
brianofnazarethffs wrote:
1 month ago
FuB wrote:
1 month ago
lovely finish

oh to have a decent fucking striker in the box for corners and free kicks instead of someone clearly thinking he's better than he is at taking them (Rashford).

Can't help feeling Greenwood would have taken that other chance from the cross that Rashford missed.

Too be fair to Rashford...the keeper hit it away from his stride.
Agreed but don't you feel that Greenwood actually goes all out to win the ball? we haven't see that for a while.
Rashford was lethal in his first games for us. Greenwood looks great though; has a knack of consistently getting in good scoring positions. There's a decent chance he has a better season than James anyway.
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

yeah... James has lots of speed but he wasn't really troubling the Inter defence, who just pushed him off the ball mostly. This is not to say he won't develop into something special.

AWB is pretty fucking good though so I feel we've bought at least one good'un
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

FuB wrote:
1 month ago
yeah... James has lots of speed but he wasn't really troubling the Inter defence, who just pushed him off the ball mostly. This is not to say he won't develop into something special.

AWB is pretty fucking good though so I feel we've bought at least one good'un
If he can't knock it 20 yards past the defender and run on to it, he can't beat people. It's going to take a lot of coaching to develop his game. But for me he's there to hit teams on the counter, an option from the bench.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

This does not look like a team that can compete for fourth. Pogba, AWB, Lindelof have got quality. It's not enough. James is the new Valencia: runs fast, runs all day, can't beat a man.
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Very impressed with AWB. Looks like we might have got that signing right.
Has James got two left feet...?
The kids that came on in the second half looked impressive - how many of them will make the squad this season?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...