Pogba Confirmed

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

Sid wrote: 4 years ago
Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago
Sid wrote: 4 years ago All of Pogs attributes in 8 seconds: great close control, strength and skills to beat players and play between the lines

We should sign a player who can do that a few times a game.
Who though, Laz? I can't think of any
It is hard to think of anybody who plays like Pogba. What's his best position? What does he do consistently? What's his best trait? The point is, he wants to leave so we need to find somebody. Signing someone who wants to be there might be enough, we could maybe even find somebody cheap who can do as much.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... r-16645947

Three years on and there's still no clue where Pogba's best position is. I hope it's Real.......
bman2
Legend

https://www.allaboutunited.co.uk/mourin ... exclusive/

Supposed to be from a member of the youth team last season. A lot of interesting observations, but this about Pogba is notable:

"I don’t think him and Mourinho ever properly fell out. Pogba was just becoming more frustrated with the way the team were playing and the results. The narrative that Pogba is bad for the club is untrue, everyone at the club loves him. He will have a conversation with everyone, no matter who you are. Everyone has spoken to him, from the youth team to the cleaners. In training, he would always say ‘if you don’t know what to do, pass it to me even if I’m marked’. Nobody at the club would have a bad word to say about him. From the chefs to the coaches, the teachers at college and all the other staff. He’s the perfect person at the club. Everyone was always impressed with the effort he made on the United Foundation days. He would always go the extra mile rather than just turning up, and made an effort to make their day.”
marlon
Legend

"His system relies on two dynamic full-backs, a ball-playing centre-back, a pivot that can protect the back-four whilst playing forward passes to start attacks, wingers who press and run in-behind and an all-around forward who presses. Lukaku doesn’t fit that, and that’s why he’s leaving.”

Biggest thing missing here is the pivot and yet we're not after any. Unless that's the plan for Fred? He played there a few times toward the end of the season.
Lazarus
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago https://www.allaboutunited.co.uk/mourin ... exclusive/

Supposed to be from a member of the youth team last season. A lot of interesting observations, but this about Pogba is notable:

"I don’t think him and Mourinho ever properly fell out. Pogba was just becoming more frustrated with the way the team were playing and the results. The narrative that Pogba is bad for the club is untrue, everyone at the club loves him. He will have a conversation with everyone, no matter who you are. Everyone has spoken to him, from the youth team to the cleaners. In training, he would always say ‘if you don’t know what to do, pass it to me even if I’m marked’. Nobody at the club would have a bad word to say about him. From the chefs to the coaches, the teachers at college and all the other staff. He’s the perfect person at the club. Everyone was always impressed with the effort he made on the United Foundation days. He would always go the extra mile rather than just turning up, and made an effort to make their day.”
Pity his agent says he wants to leave. Sounds like a great player.........
Lazarus
Legend

....or is this the PR campaign kicking in. Nobody has made an offer for you. You've whined and bitched and promised the moon and stars. Fucking back it up. We'll polish this turd for you and you shut the fuck up and deliver what all those fanboys have been dry wanking over for three years.

Hope i'm wrong.
dozer
Legend

marlon wrote: 4 years ago "His system relies on two dynamic full-backs, a ball-playing centre-back, a pivot that can protect the back-four whilst playing forward passes to start attacks, wingers who press and run in-behind and an all-around forward who presses. Lukaku doesn’t fit that, and that’s why he’s leaving.”

Biggest thing missing here is the pivot and yet we're not after any. Unless that's the plan for Fred? He played there a few times toward the end of the season.
The pivot is Matic/Periera I guess.
bman2
Legend

marlon wrote: 4 years ago "His system relies on two dynamic full-backs, a ball-playing centre-back, a pivot that can protect the back-four whilst playing forward passes to start attacks, wingers who press and run in-behind and an all-around forward who presses. Lukaku doesn’t fit that, and that’s why he’s leaving.”

Yeah I agree. We're missing several keys players, but a Carrick-type is the obvious gap at the heart of the system. Matic is ok, he's just too slow in terms of movement and also passing. Takes a lot of touches before getting the ball forward. I think it's why Ole wants Longstaff so badly. These types of players are actually quite rare at the moment -- City just paid 70-80M for Rodri.
Lazarus
Legend

"And his brother Mathias, a professional footballer formerly of Partick Thistle in Scotland, thinks a move to the La Liga giants could make sense for both parties.

"I feel my brother could help any team," Mathias told AS .

"If he plays for Madrid, he will help Madrid.

"I always want what's the best for my brother. If he feels Real Madrid is the best club for him, he will come."

Guinea international Mathias, 28, completed his own move to Spain over the weekend, signing for fourth-tier Manchego Ciudad Real after a spell at Tours in France.

However, the elder Pogba said: "I'm in Spain because I want to be and it has nothing to do with the possibility of my younger brother securing a move.

"We can't do anything about the rumours."

:))

"We can't do anything about the rumours." :tosser:
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

if we sell him well struggle to hit 50 goals in the prem
lkhm

hoofing