OGS.....

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

We need a manager who's tactically astute and works with players, improves them, and who has the tactical experience and flexibility to make the best of the jumble that is our squad. We might need some kind of experienced managerial journeyman to get us through the season, like Benitez, while we hire a top DoF who begins getting things in order and paves the way for an astute long-term managerial signing. We really need to be ending the season with some kind of air of optimism and the highest possible league result, otherwise all our decent players are going to force an exit and we won't be able to sign anyone decent (either managers or players). The situation is really critical now. Woodward has fucked things up so badly, that the people who could best fix it probably couldn't be bothered with the job.
Lazarus
Legend

FuB wrote: 4 years ago
Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago Can someone remind me of the time we nearly signed Klopp?
and you the king of searching the web for articles... https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/klopp- ... ter-united
So we never nearly signed him....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
sheesh
Legend

Sid wrote: 4 years ago
sheesh wrote: 4 years ago This is well worth a watch:

Fascinating that, if what he's saying is true like. I can believe the Glazers wanted Fergie out so they could have more control over the club because the cunt literally did everything. They wanted Woodward in to drive the club from a commercial point of view rather than football, to maximise profit. But obviously they've greatly underestimated how easy it is to learn the football side of things.

You have to laugh when he talks about Joses though. It's all spin. Like he's trying to covince us Jose has to play dogshit defensive football wherever he goes because clubs refused to spend money on quick CBs - when literally Chelsea were writing blank cheques during his two spells there, and Madrid have an endless well of tax free money too. Not to mention the half bil at United and biggest wage bill in sport. This shit discredits him a bit as a journo. Too close to his subject.
This bit on Ole is telling:

Medieval British football.
bman2
Legend

The players are telling journalists that the coaches are shit. The coaches are telling journalists that the players are shit. And everyone agrees that Woodward is shit.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

'The coaching isnt top level'.

Neither are the players.
sheesh
Legend

sheesh
Legend

sheesh wrote: 4 years ago Ole: "I hope we can stop Norwich"

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2019/10/25/ ... sh-209500/
Edit - I see this has already been posted in the match thread.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Increasingly, I'm thinking we should go and get Brendan Rodgers.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

It's that time of year when managers get sacked. Kovac gone, Emery next. Ole needs to be careful.
bman2
Legend

By September it was already clear that Ole had wasted our season and knocked us out of the CL next season. united is just a surreal club now. The results are shitter than everything we’ve ever seen in the post-Ferguson years. We tore Gaal and Jose apart for better results. Yet the shit train just keeps chugging along, in the name of stability. Woodwork used a beloved ex player to get the fans on board with cost-cutting and mid table mediocrity. The supporters now shit on our talented players and worship the nothing players who put themselves about.
Last edited by bman2 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.