Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote: 4 years ago
Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago
Sid wrote: 4 years ago
bman2 wrote: 4 years ago
Sid wrote: 4 years ago
Your record shows you think long ball defensive dross is great when Joey does it. And you didn't call for him to be sacked until after everybody else. You're still harking for his failed Allardyce shite now when everybody else has realised we need a philosophy & coaching. A few of us realised this before Gaal when you were all hyped up on the back 10s Jose was going to play and got triggered by the P word.

Glad to see everybody else has come round to the dreaded philosophy
I don't think Ole's approach is much better than Jose's, it's fundamentally the same, any improvement is pretty minor. We sit deep and try to hit them on the counter. Perhaps we don't sit quite as deep as Jose does, and maybe we try to keep it on the deck for our long balls rather than hoofing them up in the air, but it's basically the same "philosophy". Ole's been in charge for more or less a full season now, and has never tried a different approach. Maybe he fiddles with the formation a bit, but the tactics are the same. It's small club tactics, which makes sense, because that's who Ole is in terms of his managerial career. He can't even mix it up against poor sides where we should dominate possession and lay siege to their goal with a little effort. In fact we usually lose to those sides precisely because Ole can't seem to give our players any clue as to what they should do when they find themselves with a lot of possession.

It's that more than anything that has made me run out of patience with Ole. He's shown us clearly who he is as a manager. He wanted the summer and a full preseason, well he got it, and he's still telling them to do the same small-club tactics. Give him more and more players, and the results ought to improve, but I just don't see any tactical breakthrough over the horizon. Gaal, for example, you could at least see was trying to impose a progressive style of play. I'm less bothered by the results than the performances. I could believe in a rebuild if I saw some kind of destination. Ole just wants more time to park the bus and counter with better players.

It's just not what an ambitious club should be doing. I want a manager who tries to control the game, put our fate in our own hands.
I agree, it is fundamentally the same philosophy as Jose's, and the results are similarly bad but Ole has a worse, thinner squad. But even with a crap 11 on the pitch, we compete for the ball more under Ole, have more shots and get forward more. Jose literally parked the bus against relegation teams, with 10 players in a 20 yard block on the edge of our defence, and Martial and Rash as double FBs. It's never been that bad under Ole. But yeah, it is fundamentally the same which is why I would get rid of if we can get a better manager with a better philosophy because like you say in a full year Ole hasn't shown us anything to suggest he's going to play anything other than a better version of what Jose tried - better mainly because we keep the ball on the deck rather than hoofing it to a lump.
This better manager with a better philosophy will have the same players that almost everyone here has written off, he'd have the same club set up, everything would be the same and somehow in a pretty short period of time he'd be expected to have turned it all around and made obvious progress. The moaning arseholes that will be chuffed Ole got sacked will be the very same arseholes that will be backing every goddam thing the man 'they' picked does for two years no matter what kind of football we play. Rinse, repeat.

Has anyone considered that Ole has the players playing like Jose, only slightly better, because he knows that asking them to play fundamentally different to how Jose had us playing would be even harder to do and until he gets the players he wants, that will do what he wants, then we have to wait for a proper gradual change. He didn't totally shake up the backroom staff, he shifted some players, he's giving young players a chance and brought in 3 players who have done well. What else should he do to please the people calling for his head? Seems to me the big criticism is that he's not experienced enough, yet so far what big mistakes has he made with the 'dross' players and kids we have? What has he done to Pogba to stop him playing? Has Rashfoed done better? Martial? McT?

Yet bullshitters claiming shite like Matic, Pogba and all the foreign players want to leave because of Ole, with no evidence, this is the order of the day on Rant! Trumpian, lying, made up, arse gravy.......
so you’re saying joey was right in his methods because the players were shite and yet still he almost managed to turn it all around when he had us finishing second, only to be backed with fred a third choice keeper and a unknown fullback

can’t disagree tbf
I've hated Jose forever so I was never going to like him. But he had 3 1/2 seasons, Ole has had 8 months as permanent manager and I think he's playing better football with younger and fewer players.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote: 4 years ago ole deserves to be sacked for lying to the support,backing the board having previously backed shareholders utd, rehiring phelan, and accepting the dross they gave him in the summer like a good little cunt under the guise of us returning to club values that don’t exist. he won’t resign because he’s in it for his own interests just like taggarts, so he should be sacked
Knobby what manager could we appoint that would get United to change all that before he signed? A charity manager that is only out to please you?
bman2
Legend

Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago I've hated Jose forever so I was never going to like him. But he had 3 1/2 seasons
Well done
Lazarus
Legend

Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago I've hated Jose forever so I was never going to like him. But he had 3 1/2 seasons
Well done
OOoooooooohhhhhh no! You got me there again. Just felt like 3 1/2......... you going to start doing speling mastakes next?
Lazarus
Legend

Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago Zidane, Hiddink, Ancellotti, Wenger, Howe, Southgate, Allegri, Poch, Conte, Sparky, Bruce, Giggs, Queiroz, Phelan, Blanc, Evra, Cantona, Klopp, Favre, Wagner, Pep, Simeone, Laudrup, Martinez, Hodgson,
Oh well done, you've figured out who Allegri is.
This from the man who said Moyes was better than Jose. :))
Nothing about this though............ :tosser:
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote: 4 years ago so you’re saying joey was right in his methods because the players were shite and yet still he almost managed to turn it all around when he had us finishing second, only to be backed with fred a third choice keeper and a unknown fullback

can’t disagree tbf
Close to turning it around :)) yeah just the 19 points off City in a trophyless season

You slag Ole for playing the same football you praised Joey for. You should have left Rant with the other two divs tbf.
Snoopcousins
Legend

Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago Jesus, the moaning on here about Matic and Lukaku over the last couple of years and now Bman is talking about them as if they are superstars. Wonder if I looked what i'd find Bman said about these two players???
Look at the table, dipshit, it’s really not that complicated.
What do you mean? I'm well aware of the table....... you make no sense. My point is you talk shite.

Here's one for you. Guess who wrote this and about who?

"I always thought he was supposed to be more of an attacking player. He has good footwork and close control, so he’s good at resisting pressing, and if he can learn to control the play from deep, could be very handy. It’s very interesting that Jose has been using him instead of mct, especially how much Jose has been talking about needing a Carrick replacement. I thought that might be what Fred was for... maybe not."

Any guess's? :))
You’re just a trolling shitposter. The reason why nobody bothers to engage in debates with you is that you make no honest effort to get what other people are saying.
I concur
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
swampash
Legend

:Hey snoops, welcome home. We missed you :ymhug:
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Alright Snoop. The Jose era went well then eh.
Lazarus
Legend

The South Belfast Traveler Association Flying Squad has swooped in to protect Bman. Couldn't stand by and watch a man get so badly battered by his own words. Just in time, now that Sir Fubalot the Tin Foil Knight has abandoned his fallen comrade.