Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

Clearing out the "dross" is necessary, but they also need replacing. I'm beginning to think that Ole has been brought in as a stealthy liquidator, selling off the club bit by bit.
Pikey McScum
First Teamer

The fact that there's now so many defenders injured means our plans for January (if there were any!) will now have changed.

I just can't believe how threadbare the squad has become - the injuries have really exposed both the poor recruitment at the club, and that the kids are not yet trusted enough
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
marlon
Legend

We don't have depth, but we need a good XI before we worry about that
marlon
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago As if Maddison could be signed this month.

Here’s my four transfer picks for this window and the summer:
CB: Koulibaly
CM: Soumaré or Rice
CM: Maddison
F: Sancho

You could probably get at least two of them this month if you had your shit together and ready to spend. If January signings helped us get a CL spot they’d pay for themselves straight away.

None of this will happen of course.
Assuming really good players don't want to come and Pogba leaves, I'd go:

LB: Skov
CM: Camavinga
CM: Brozovic
FWD: Hwang Hee-Chan
RW: Orsolini
ST: Werner
bman2
Legend

marlon wrote: 4 years ago
bman2 wrote: 4 years ago As if Maddison could be signed this month.

Here’s my four transfer picks for this window and the summer:
CB: Koulibaly
CM: Soumaré or Rice
CM: Maddison
F: Sancho

You could probably get at least two of them this month if you had your shit together and ready to spend. If January signings helped us get a CL spot they’d pay for themselves straight away.

None of this will happen of course.
Assuming really good players don't want to come and Pogba leaves, I'd go:

LB: Skov
CM: Camavinga
CM: Brozovic
FWD: Hwang Hee-Chan
RW: Orsolini
ST: Werner
I think I only know Hwang and Werner, and I agree they’d both be ace. Werner seems like the type Bayern would pick up though.

I’d also go for Ziyech at Ajax for right wing, if Sancho is hot interested or too expensive.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

There's been that much hype about Sancho joining us, City or Liverpool that he's probably going to be too expensive now
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 4 years ago There's been that much hype about Sancho joining us, City or Liverpool that he's probably going to be too expensive now
Yeah Ziyech might be the smart alternative at half the cost. I really like the look of him.
bman2
Legend

I assume everyone has seen the very strong rumours about Bruno Fernandes? It sounds like we’re definitely negotiating with Sporting, but not clear if it will conclude in a deal.
Jason
Star Man

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago I assume everyone has seen the very strong rumours about Bruno Fernandes? It sounds like we’re definitely negotiating with Sporting, but not clear if it will conclude in a deal.
I like the look of him, but I've said it before if he was good enough, why was he not bought in the summer.
Just more incompetence from the club.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago I assume everyone has seen the very strong rumours about Bruno Fernandes? It sounds like we’re definitely negotiating with Sporting, but not clear if it will conclude in a deal.
Aye they look legit. But didn't United say they were never interested in him last summer because he wasn't the right fit. So what's changed?