Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

Sounds like we're losing Gomes and Chong. Gomes asking for big wages apparently.
fat maradona
Legend

Chong wouldn't be a loss if he went. He's had plenty of run outs and hasn't done much, perhaps that's all he's got or perhaps he needs a longer run in the first team. I think he would just be another Pereira.

I'd be disappointed if Gomes went, as I do rate him but I can't understand why he doesn't get a proper chance in the first team. You can't expect to chuck him on for the last 15 mins and then do enough to guarantee a start in the next day. I guess if you look at it from his POV, he is better than Lingard but Lingard starts (even though he is shit) and Lingard gets paid top whack for being shit. So Gomes thinks, if the club can pay that twat shitloads, then they can payme shitloads.

Anyway.....h
bman2
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 4 years ago Chong wouldn't be a loss if he went. He's had plenty of run outs and hasn't done much, perhaps that's all he's got or perhaps he needs a longer run in the first team. I think he would just be another Pereira.

I'd be disappointed if Gomes went, as I do rate him but I can't understand why he doesn't get a proper chance in the first team. You can't expect to chuck him on for the last 15 mins and then do enough to guarantee a start in the next day. I guess if you look at it from his POV, he is better than Lingard but Lingard starts (even though he is shit) and Lingard gets paid top whack for being shit. So Gomes thinks, if the club can pay that twat shitloads, then they can payme shitloads.

Anyway.....h
Apparently the club thinks he's taking the piss with his wage demands, so maybe he's out in the cold a bit. After all, if we're rebuilding and he's set on leaving, it doesn't make sense to integrate him much into the squad.
Jason
Star Man

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago
fat maradona wrote: 4 years ago Chong wouldn't be a loss if he went. He's had plenty of run outs and hasn't done much, perhaps that's all he's got or perhaps he needs a longer run in the first team. I think he would just be another Pereira.

Anyway.....h
Apparently the club thinks he's taking the piss with his wage demands, so maybe he's out in the cold a bit. After all, if we're rebuilding and he's set on leaving, it doesn't make sense to integrate him much into the squad.
Echo this, not overly fussed on losing Chong, but I feel like letting Gomes go is a mistake, but then what is he to do, not getting any games, so cant really blame him. Should have been tied down on a contract long before now, or the club should have put an option in to extend the current deal.
It seems like Utd are really bad at letting players run down their contracts - always leave it too late to negotiate new deals. I suppose we did lock down phil jones to a long term deal, so we aren't completely inept.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago Sounds like we're losing Gomes and Chong. Gomes asking for big wages apparently.
That's the way of football these days, talented prospects like Gomes want big money before they've earned it. It's wrong but you have to cough up.

But we still have the biggest wage bill in the Prem going toon shite like Sanchez, Matic and Jones. So Ed won't shell out for a young player like Gomes even though that's the sensible thing to do.

Cos if Gomes fulfills his potential then we'll save a shitload on signing his equivalent because keeping him means no transfer fee. But he'll leave and we'll keep paying Sanchez's wages next season when he's on the injury table.
marlon
Legend

We're linked with Marcos Llorente as a loan from Atletico. Been a while since he played regular football, but he looked like a good DM at Alaves. Aside from anything else, loans are the best way to avoid transfer mistakes. They're most of the reason Moyes had a good reputation for recruitment at Everton.
marlon
Legend

Would also be worth seeing if Real would let James or Isco go for 6 months. They hardly play
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

marlon wrote: 4 years ago Would also be worth seeing if Real would let James or Isco go for 6 months. They hardly play
Sounds nice but I really doubt Ed would pay their wages given that the wage bill is already ridiculous

We're hamstrung by it. Despite losing big earners like Lukaku, we've still not got a lot of room to maneuver
marlon
Legend

Bailly, Matic, Young gone in the summer at the end of their contracts would be 300k. Pogba another 300k. Last summer our wage bill went down 200k. There should be plenty of room. And for loans it doesn't matter that much anyway
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

But that's in summer and we're on about jan. They're going to want top wages and I just don't see Ed adding shitloads to the wage bill for 6 months. He'd probably rather recall Sanchez.

And even though we lost some big earners we still have the biggest wage bill in the Prem