Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
marlon
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago We’ve struggled for goals all season, how bad is it going to be now without Rashford?
We scored 6 in 9 without Martial. Maybe it'll be different if Greenwood gets a run
swampash
Legend

I don't see Greenwood being the answer tbf. I'd hoped to see him play either behind Rashford at the point of a midfield diamond or partnering him in a 442. Neither now likely...
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Cavani puts in a transfer request at PSG. We should be all over that.

Although Raul Jiminez would be my choice.
marlon
Legend

swampash wrote: 4 years ago I don't see Greenwood being the answer tbf. I'd hoped to see him play either behind Rashford at the point of a midfield diamond or partnering him in a 442. Neither now likely...
Yeah I wanna 442 as well, since we don't have a proper 9.

But there's no good answer in this squad, it's too thin. It's just Greenwood will be better than the alternative which is presumably 3 of Lingard/Pereira/James/Mata behind Martial
marlon
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 4 years ago Cavani puts in a transfer request at PSG. We should be all over that.

Although Raul Jiminez would be my choice.
On loan, sure. He's about to turn 33, it'd be madness to give him a contract longer than a year
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Might be room on the wage bill for Cavani now Young has gone
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

The idea that Bruno Fernandes was going to sign after the Liverpool game has turned out to be shite
Jason
Star Man

Short term loan deals is a bit worrying. Applying more plasters over a shotgun wound.
Oles saying that the board back him, so are we to believe that in the entire world football, there isnt one suitable cm to be signed?(never mind stiker)
Or is he full of shit regarding the board?
Is he happy with his squad in it's current state?
Or is it just the standard incompetence from woodworm in trying to get deals done?
All of these answers are concerning.

It was clear we needed to sign a mf before pogba and mct got injured, why was nothing lined up in advance of the window, and signed on the 1sr jan.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I'm grasping at the biggest of fucking straws here, but maybe the reluctance to bullet Ole, and the focus on short term deals only, could be linked to a possible sale of the club taking place before the summer....?

I know, I know
fat maradona
Legend

I just don't get it. The club are happy to offer £30m (yes, £30m) for a 16 year old playing in the Championship but don't want to pay that bit extra for Fernandes. I'm sure this Bellingham lad has got potential and I'm sure we would be kicking ourselves when he turns out to be the new Lampard but I don't get why they have money to spend on someone who isn't going straight into the team.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... y-teenager