OGS.....

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Legend

Oh yeh, and how can a cunt who got Cardiff relegated and couldn't win the Norwegian league with Molde be considered as qualified enough to get a club the size of United back on track?
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

And that's exactly where the rot set in. You can trace the degradation in squad quality and balance right back to the departure of Ronaldo and Tevez and their replacement with Valencia and Owen
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 4 years ago The movement is static and the football is no different to what it was under LvG (pass sideways and backwards) or Mourinho (devoid of any ideas). Ole needs to be replaced but there is no point in doing this unless the club have got a proper fucking plan.

And don't even get me started on Martial. That cunt has proved that he isn't good enough for us. Apart from his first season, he hasn't offered much. Now is his time to prove that he is the main man but just look at his performance against the vermin and the mightly Burnley. Sell the cunt.

And Lingard on last night? Leaving Gomes on the bench? No wonder he doesn't want to sign a new contract.
I think we do alright with the tactical side of things (Under Ole), the issue is, we do not have the quality to execute what he wants to do. IMO. An example being, our players always having to pass back or sideways, better forwards/midfielders (RVP, Rooney, RVN and Scholes etc) always made intelligent runs and freed up space so the likes of Nev, Evra, Giggs, Scholes and Carrick could pick a killer pass out. We no longer have that. The quality of the squad is so poor. Years ago we could carry players like O'Shite and Fletcher because they we surrounded by world class. We would kill for a O'Shite or Fletcher now - that is how bad we have become.

Though where the coaching staff need to pull their fingers out is set pieces. No creativity whatsoever. Pub league hit-and-hopes.

I agree with you completely about Martial and I have stated that several times lately on here. Sadly, I think he just doesn't have the mental attitude needed. I stuck with Nani for years hoping for a miracle. Martial has all the talent needed but as the years are going on, we are aware that he will never quite fulfil his potential.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 4 years ago And that's exactly where the rot set in. You can trace the degradation in squad quality and balance right back to the departure of Ronaldo and Tevez and their replacement with Valencia and Owen
The rot set in when we let: Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Giggs, and Scholes leave and didn't replace them. I believe they all left within 2 years of each other. That's a massive loss.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

No arguing there, but the time to replace them was in that 'no value' period. Ferguson even went on record as saying that Young would be the replacement for Giggs, Smalling for Rio, Cleverly for Scholes.

Fuck me.
fat maradona
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 4 years ago No arguing there, but the time to replace them was in that 'no value' period. Ferguson even went on record as saying that Young would be the replacement for Giggs, Smalling for Rio, Cleverly for Scholes.

Fuck me.
And all roads lead to..........the Glazer takeover and Woodward coming into our lives....
danniitronix
First Teamer

This is a great debate.

Fatty and Baz, I agree with what you have said.

To look at this in detail what is it exactly that the Glazers have done wrong? Just noting that no one manager has ever criticised them for interfering or lack of money.

In terms of money, it is a simple fact that they have given when needed and way, way more than any club other than City. You can’t argue that they don’t give money to invest because they have done.

I’ll give you that they have taken out of the club but still they have pumped shit loads into it in terms of transfer funds.

Being American or foreigners? Like me reminded my proud Jaguar owners that it is actually Indian and proud British Mini Cooper fab boys that is is actually a BMW so German.

The problem of shit football and results seems to me the effective use of cash by the person who spends it and the manager who has the toys bought for him.

Glazers problem for sure but the route cause of this is terrible transfer choices and a failure to get the best out of the players - and poor transfer decisions by selling without replacements.

No one will support Glazers out when they are the second biggest spenders on the block. It just isn’t going to happen.
bman2
Legend

Ole is Reek! Fucking brutal.
marlon
Legend

danniitronix wrote: 4 years ago This is a great debate.

To look at this in detail what is it exactly that the Glazers have done wrong? Just noting that no one manager has ever criticised them for interfering or lack of money.

In terms of money, it is a simple fact that they have given when needed and way, way more than any club other than City. You can’t argue that they don’t give money to invest because they have done.

I’ll give you that they have taken out of the club but still they have pumped shit loads into it in terms of transfer funds.

Being American or foreigners? Like me reminded my proud Jaguar owners that it is actually Indian and proud British Mini Cooper fab boys that is is actually a BMW so German.

The problem of shit football and results seems to me the effective use of cash by the person who spends it and the manager who has the toys bought for him.

Glazers problem for sure but the route cause of this is terrible transfer choices and a failure to get the best out of the players - and poor transfer decisions by selling without replacements.

No one will support Glazers out when they are the second biggest spenders on the block. It just isn’t going to happen.
That's ridiculous, of course the Glazers are the root cause. We have Woodward, who has free rein to manage the club as he pleases, because of the Glazers. They bought the club with debt the fans paid off and take their dividends with the shares we paid for. They've never put a single penny into the club. The money the club spends is money the club takes from fans, it's nothing to do with the Glazers. What's wrong with you?
fat maradona
Legend

marlon wrote: 4 years ago
danniitronix wrote: 4 years ago This is a great debate.

That's ridiculous, of course the Glazers are the root cause. We have Woodward, who has free rein to manage the club as he pleases, because of the Glazers. They bought the club with debt the fans paid off and take their dividends with the shares we paid for. They've never put a single penny into the club. The money the club spends is money the club takes from fans, it's nothing to do with the Glazers. What's wrong with you?
Don't forget that Danni comes from a corporate background. This sort of shit is normal in his world. Money helps rationalise nearly everything.

The Glazers have proved with how they have managed Tampa Bay Buccaneers that they are not interested with what happens on the pitch, only what happens in the boardroom. The only thing they focus on are the financials and as long as their asset value is a) appreciating; and b) returning an income, then they don't give a fuck. Woodward is a brilliant finance man, hence why he is still in a job and is paid so well.