Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Do we need another sport washed club, doped up on billions. Fuck the Prem
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

I've literally not seen one journo or rag criticise or even question the saudi role in the takeover of Newcastle which looks like it's going ahead. Nothing about sportwashing or human rights, and obviously nothing from the government, FA or Prem.

No wonder these regimes look to Prem clubs, there's literally no scrutiny. If you're rich it doesn't matter. The more money the better.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
3 months ago
I've literally not seen one journo or rag criticise or even question the saudi role in the takeover of Newcastle which looks like it's going ahead. Nothing about sportwashing or human rights, and obviously nothing from the government, FA or Prem.

No wonder these regimes look to Prem clubs, there's literally no scrutiny. If you're rich it doesn't matter. The more money the better.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... r-football

Third hand reporting and hardly taking a robust position, but at least AI are speaking up.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
3 months ago
Sid wrote:
3 months ago

Third hand reporting and hardly taking a robust position, but at least AI are speaking up.
You're right, they don't want to cause beef if/when they take over cos they'll get banned from reporting. It also won't go unnoticed that the last journo to criticise the bloke that's paying for the takeover literally got drugged, cut up and dissolved in acid.

Can't wait to see bin Salman at matches hobnobbing with the rich and famous, waving to the geordies. Nothing to see here.
jason_uk
First Teamer

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
3 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
3 months ago
Sid wrote:
3 months ago

You're right, they don't want to cause beef if/when they take over cos they'll get banned from reporting. It also won't go unnoticed that the last journo to criticise the bloke that's paying for the takeover literally got drugged, cut up and dissolved in acid.

Can't wait to see bin Salman at matches hobnobbing with the rich and famous, waving to the geordies. Nothing to see here.
A club should not be owned by any state, end of. It's just ludicrous. It's one thing having billionaire owners, like Abromovich rolling into town, but there is a limit to their spending. If the Saudis take over, its literally a bottomless pit, and without any kind of FFP seemingly being actively enforced, it will only go one way.

That's before you even take into account the horrific and continued human abuse rights by the current regime. The EPL probably sold it's soul to the money gods along time ago, but if this takeover goes through without serious investigation on owners being fit for purpose, then it well and truly has now.

Let's bring back public stoning for those people found guilty of adultery in the North-East. Will make the new owners feel right at home. Throw in a few public lashings for good measure as well.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

jason_uk wrote:
3 months ago
Sid wrote:
3 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
3 months ago
Sid wrote:
3 months ago

A club should not be owned by any state, end of. It's just ludicrous. It's one thing having billionaire owners, like Abromovich rolling into town, but there is a limit to their spending. If the Saudis take over, its literally a bottomless pit, and without any kind of FFP seemingly being actively enforced, it will only go one way.

That's before you even take into account the horrific and continued human abuse rights by the current regime. The EPL probably sold it's soul to the money gods along time ago, but if this takeover goes through without serious investigation on owners being fit for purpose, then it well and truly has now.

Let's bring back public stoning for those people found guilty of adultery in the North-East. Will make the new owners feel right at home. Throw in a few public lashings for good measure as well.
Innit, it's literally just to sportwash the regime and keep bin Salman from facing justice. Once the oil runs out and economies switch to different forms of power Salman will be the new Gaddafi. It's all Rosey at the minute but it won't last.

And yeah what does that make the Prem now. Billionaires can't compete against rich states. We'd need to be bought by the Chinese or US states in order to compete.

Fuck the Prem, it's a joke, it's uncompetitive, unfair and bollocks. And it's not like the football is even much better. Lose Klopp and Pep (could be this season for the latter) and all the teams are shit.

Leagues with a fraction of the Prem's money play at this standard
Sid
Legend

2 days ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 days ago
tbh, I don't see the Sancho move happening. United are rightly insisting that the market has changed and that £100m+ isn't realistic. Dortmund are stubbornly insisting that Sancho is worth more than £100m. I'm in the same camp as anyone else who says it's the Glazer's money and so fuck it, the club should just spend but the reality is that without season ticket and game revenue next season, where does the money come from? I'm just hoping we have a back up plan otherwise it'll be the same old excuses again.
It's not theirs. The Glazers haven't spent a penny. It's money the club has generated so it has to be spent wisely.

But yeah United are briefing shareholders about a 100-120m loss cos of coronavirus. And now with the easing of lockdown suspended cos the R rating is almost at 1, we're looking at no crowds at Old Trafford for even longer - possibly next year. So the losses will be even greater.

So the club need to spend money wisely right now or else it will come back to bite us. Dortmund will be more fucked than us so we should hold out for a better deal. It's telling that we want to stagger the payments over years - presumably when crowds are back and we're generating big money again.

Tbf to the absolute cunt that is Ed Woodward, if there was ever a time to haggle, now would be it.
fat maradona
Star Man

2 days ago

Sid wrote:
2 days ago
fat maradona wrote:
2 days ago
tbh, I don't see the Sancho move happening. United are rightly insisting that the market has changed and that £100m+ isn't realistic. Dortmund are stubbornly insisting that Sancho is worth more than £100m. I'm in the same camp as anyone else who says it's the Glazer's money and so fuck it, the club should just spend but the reality is that without season ticket and game revenue next season, where does the money come from? I'm just hoping we have a back up plan otherwise it'll be the same old excuses again.
It's not theirs. The Glazers haven't spent a penny. It's money the club has generated so it has to be spent wisely.

But yeah United are briefing shareholders about a 100-120m loss cos of coronavirus. And now with the easing of lockdown suspended cos the R rating is almost at 1, we're looking at no crowds at Old Trafford for even longer - possibly next year. So the losses will be even greater.

So the club need to spend money wisely right now or else it will come back to bite us. Dortmund will be more fucked than us so we should hold out for a better deal. It's telling that we want to stagger the payments over years - presumably when crowds are back and we're generating big money again.

Tbf to the absolute cunt that is Ed Woodward, if there was ever a time to haggle, now would be it.
It's mostly privately owned and so yeh, it is their money. They'll either use it to pay massive dividends to themselves (and the funds managers who own some listed shares) or they'll invest it in the club.

The stadium is falling apart and so they must be thinking about spending some money there. The squad needs major investment too. No gate receipts means that will be £100m p/a less money in.

Sancho would be a great addition but not essential imo, think if we sorted out the LB, CB and DM positions with some proper quality, I'd say we would perform better than if we spunked all our money on Sancho and bought in some cheap squaddies.
dozer
Legend

2 days ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 days ago
Sid wrote:
2 days ago
fat maradona wrote:
2 days ago

It's mostly privately owned and so yeh, it is their money. They'll either use it to pay massive dividends to themselves (and the funds managers who own some listed shares) or they'll invest it in the club.
Exactly. I've always wondered why people say it's not their money. They bought the club, so like it or not, the profits belong to them.
Sid
Legend

1 day ago

dozer wrote:
2 days ago
fat maradona wrote:
2 days ago
Sid wrote:
2 days ago
fat maradona wrote:
2 days ago

Exactly. I've always wondered why people say it's not their money. They bought the club, so like it or not, the profits belong to them.
No it doesn't. Tell me what the Glazers have done to earn the 500m + United makes every year? It's the players and fans that generate the clubs wealth, that's what brings in the gate, broadcasters and sponsors. The Glazer just parasite off it. That's why the revenues dried up when lockdown happened. If the Glazers were creating the wealth, the revenues would have carried on despite being no action.

Always amazes me how quickly people are prepared to bootlick rich cunts who literally take the piss out of you. Baps need to be wisened.