Coronavirus

Political Debate
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

2 months ago

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... t-11983885

There's a narrative building here. 'we just provided the advice, government sets policy' versus 'we simply followed the scientific and medical advice'.

This will be another David Kelly job.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago

There's a narrative building here. 'we just provided the advice, government sets policy' versus 'we simply followed the scientific and medical advice'.

Yeah they’ve done a nasty smear campaign on Ferguson because his professional scientific judgment didn’t suit the government’s preferences. The man wasn’t even getting paid for his advisory work saving lives. Just more deterrent to decent people getting involved in politics. The UK is more like the US every day.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago

Yeah they’ve done a nasty smear campaign on Ferguson because his professional scientific judgment didn’t suit the government’s preferences. The man wasn’t even getting paid for his advisory work saving lives. Just more deterrent to decent people getting involved in politics. The UK is more like the US every day.
Spot on. I did think it was weird why they were going after him, when others including Tories have broke the lockdown rules

Anyway judging by VE day yesterday, lockdown is over. Apparently patriotism, bunting and singing we'll meet again prevents coronavirus infection. The gov has lost control. Different cunts briefing different things and causing confusion. Reminds you of Woodward's United
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

2 months ago

It’s become shambolic. The governments ‘new guidelines’ are:

1) Stay at home as much as possible
2) Work from home if you can
3) Limit contact with other people
4) Remain at least 2m from other people when you go out
5) Wash your hands regularly

Isn’t that EXACTLY what we’ve been doing for the last 6 fucking weeks?

And the communities secretary was interviewed on the BBC this morning defending the change of slogan from ‘stay home’ to ‘stay alert’. Scotland and Wales won’t be adopting it because they think its important to retain the core message for now. Apparently the English governments ‘strong preference’ is for all UK countries to move with the same message - but no one thought to fucking discuss it?! The first Sturgeon hears of it is through the Sunday fucking papers?!!
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

Sturgeon is one who seems to be coming out of this quite well. Talking pretty straight in her press conferences and prepared to admit to not knowing the answer when asked something she doesn't have an answer to.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
jason_uk
First Teamer

1 month ago

Its the same here in NI as its always been, no change from official line that was already set out. And it will be 3 weeks before they look at reviewing it.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

We went into lockdown when 60 deaths were announced. 627 died in yesterday's announcement, yet we're out of lockdown? 494 dead announced today n all

Look at those that who are being forced back to work; construction, manufacturing - that plus the fact low paid people are more likely to die (bus drivers, shop workers https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... fessionals) - it's clear they're being sacrificed to get the economy "back up and running"

Boris Johnson said you can go back to work when it's safe, then said go back this Monday, then Wednesday, but that they won't release the safety guide for workplaces until Friday - so your workplace isn't safe?

They've fucked it up so bad. The unions should be calling for a national strike so we can make jobs and society safer. No work until there's adequate PPE. They've got the gov over a barrel. But they're not interested in rocking the boat. 52k deaths is rocking the boat ffs
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Cummings must surely be toast?
My guess is they will try to bluff it up until the next PMQs, which are not due until 03/06/20 I think.
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Cummings must surely be toast?
My guess is they will try to bluff it up until the next PMQs, which are not due until 03/06/20 I think.
you'd hope so but fuck me are they rallying around to show how him breaking fundamental rules that he himself must have been a part of devising wasn't really him breaking the rules

the thing is, though... this was weeks ago. why now to break the story? what's being buried by this?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

It might have taken a while to verify the facts?