OGS.....

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 3 years ago In the Roma v Inter match on Sunday, Lukaku, Sanchez, Smalling, Young, and Mkhitaryan played.

Ronaldo has 30 league goals for Juve, with four games left. They probably have the title sewn up. He’s 35. Monster.
I watched a bit of Inter. Sanchez was absolutely fucking useless. Worst signing in United's history. Getting rid is gonna be hard.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago
bman2 wrote: 3 years ago In the Roma v Inter match on Sunday, Lukaku, Sanchez, Smalling, Young, and Mkhitaryan played.

Ronaldo has 30 league goals for Juve, with four games left. They probably have the title sewn up. He’s 35. Monster.
I watched a bit of Inter. Sanchez was absolutely fucking useless. Worst signing in United's history. Getting rid is gonna be hard.

The regression of Sanchez over the last 2 years has been remarkable. He used to be top drawer. In fact his fall from grace is probably only close to being matched by De Gea. Another who we'll struggle to shift.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 3 years ago

The regression of Sanchez over the last 2 years has been remarkable. He used to be top drawer. In fact his fall from grace is probably only close to being matched by De Gea. Another who we'll struggle to shift.
Yeah Ole needs to get tough and ditch both. Certainly Sanchez. It's probably not the players he has to get tough with, it's Woodward, who'll probably not want embarrassing.
bman2
Legend

Maybe the sport is just more intense and relentless than it used to be, and that's why you're getting more quality players getting burned out before you'd expect it. More games, more training, more athletic intensity, more psychological intensity with all the hype, commercial stuff, constant media attention, flying around the world for mickey mouse matches.
dozer
Legend

Yeah Ole needs to get tough and ditch both. Certainly Sanchez. It's probably not the players he has to get tough with, it's Woodward, who'll probably not want embarrassing.
We might be able to get rid of DDG. I did say we shouldn't extend his contract because he looked like he'd regress like Cech. But it's okay. I don't mind him earning crazy money because of all the good he's done for us over the last decade. He was probably underpaid for most of his career with us. Sanchez has no market value. He's worse than useless, he's bleeding the club. He seems like a nice guy so that's bearable I guess. The only person who'll buy Sanchez is someone's gran looking for a shag. And how much will they pay?
FuB
Site Admin

dozer wrote: 3 years ago

We might be able to get rid of DDG. I did say we shouldn't extend his contract because he looked like he'd regress like Cech. But it's okay. I don't mind him earning crazy money because of all the good he's done for us over the last decade. He was probably underpaid for most of his career with us. Sanchez has no market value. He's worse than useless, he's bleeding the club. He seems like a nice guy so that's bearable I guess. The only person who'll buy Sanchez is someone's gran looking for a shag. And how much will they pay?
I think you'll struggle for an answer to that question unless Rooney posts on this forum
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 3 years ago Maybe the sport is just more intense and relentless than it used to be, and that's why you're getting more quality players getting burned out before you'd expect it. More games, more training, more athletic intensity, more psychological intensity with all the hype, commercial stuff, constant media attention, flying around the world for mickey mouse matches.
This is an interesting point. I think you're right. Also the fact the game is played on the deck now, which naturally means players have to work harder, run more, basically play more football then when they hoofed it. Think how many players are involved in your average team getting the ball from defence to attack. A typical move sees a couple of passes between CBs, then out to the LB/RB, then in to midfield, then out wide to a forward or the CF who drops deep. And that's on the rare occasion you can pass through a team. Normally it goes back and forth a lot more. Whereas 10/15 years ago, and currently under Jose, it's one: the CB to the striker.
bman2
Legend

bman2 wrote: 3 years ago Maybe the sport is just more intense and relentless than it used to be, and that's why you're getting more quality players getting burned out before you'd expect it. More games, more training, more athletic intensity, more psychological intensity with all the hype, commercial stuff, constant media attention, flying around the world for mickey mouse matches.
This is an interesting point. I think you're right. Also the fact the game is played on the deck now, which naturally means players have to work harder, run more, basically play more football then when they hoofed it. Think how many players are involved in your average team getting the ball from defence to attack. A typical move sees a couple of passes between CBs, then out to the LB/RB, then in to midfield, then out wide to a forward or the CF who drops deep. And that's on the rare occasion you can pass through a team. Normally it goes back and forth a lot more. Whereas 10/15 years ago, and currently under Jose, it's one: the CB to the striker.
Most pros are on the fast track in their teenage years. It’s not that weird that they could get to their late 20s and start to wonder what the point of it all is. You’re not living a normal life, though of course if you’re successful you’re making mad money. But you can’t do what you want, didn’t go to university and probably feel a bit thick, your best man is your agent (Rooney), and most every girl interested in you is a useless gold digger.

Still, you get to start life again in your 30s in amazing physical condition and rich as fuck, unless you’re Martial with half a dozen bastards to pay for.
swampash
Legend

I do admire the ‘glass half full’ optimism of those who think we are on the right path. I find it hard though to share it.

Of the five signings under the hobbit, only Bruno looks to be the real deal. James is just plain dire, Wan-Bissaka has speed but is poor to mediocre. He offers no threat going forward. Ighalo looks to have the right attitude, but has had too few games to really assess him. As for Maguire, he offers no attacking threat in the opposition box at corners and set pieces, is too often caught flat footed in defence and frankly doesn’t seem to be captaincy material. I’d relieve him of the captaincy so he can concentrate on developing his game (if that is possible). Obvious candidate for the armband is Fernandes.

As for our tactics, the Chelsea game revealed that we have only one formation, which means opposition teams know exactly how we will line up, who the hobbit will pick, and how to play us. The simple truth is that If Fernandes gets crocked, we are fucked.
We need players that can compliment, rather than merely substitute for, what we have and that can allow us to play alternative formations. That also requires the hobbit to show he has some real tactical ability, which I suspect he simply doesn’t posses.

By failing to drop DDG, he also looks to be a bit wanting in the testicular department.

All in all, if we do qualify for CL football next season we are likely to be really shown up.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

right path, but a long way to go along that path. The period since the restart/Bruno joining is the first time for 4-5 years that we've been enjoyable to watch, wit a real goal threat and anything like a modern, identifiable style of playing. The front 3 are quality. Bruno and Pogba are quality. But we do lack in some areas. We're 4-5 players short of being a genuinely top side.

Wan-B is young, he needs to develop, certainly on a technical and attacking basis. But there are few better defensive full backs in the league. The spirit and attitude looks much better. Its a much better place than we've been and you can see the outline of a plan, at least. Lots more to do. Qualifying for the CL is crucial - not because we'll compete to win it, but its important for the development of the side, its important to add prestige and more importantly the finance to be able to add proper quality this summer. Add a Sancho and Quality Centre Back and we'll kick on another level.