Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago
bman2 wrote: 3 years ago
Sid wrote: 3 years ago Manchester United in advanced talks with Dortmund over £90m Sancho

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... 90m-sancho

Good, but I'd rather we strengthen a weakness than a strength
How is that not a weakness? We need more than 3 forwards, especially given the age of Greenwood.
Cos we already have 3 top forwards and plus back up that can do a job like James, Igahlo, Mata. Ultimately we want more quality there. But we don't even have one top CB, nor do we have a decent attacking LB/RB, and obviously no top defensive mid. These positions are more urgent than attack which is already performing as one of the best in Europe.
1) We don't have 3 "top" forwards
2) Ole cleary doesn't trust his bench forwards; he rarely brought them on or gave them a game post Covid even when the players were crawling in the tail end of the season.
dozer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 3 years ago
dozer wrote: 3 years ago We need a left back to strengthen the attack. We need a left winger to replace Rashford. If we can extend iglahos loan we have 5 forwards for next season with one new signing.

Is Sancho better on the left wing or the right?
Really don't want him but the rumors are strong.

Our priority signing should be a centre back. Idk who we're linked with.
Why don't you want him Dozer? He's very talented, can score and creates chances. The stat for 2019/20 is that he was directly involved in 36% of Dortmund's goals. Add that to the 17 odd goals he has scored himself, that's a heluva contribution.

I also don't get your anti-Rashford shite. He has scored 22 goals with 10 assists in an injury hit season. Compare him to another left winger, like Sterling who scored 30 goals with 9 assists in a full, injury free, season. I'm really not sure where you are going to find someone to replace a lad from the Academy who is actually delivering. Ok, so his end of season was pretty poor but so that finger could be pointed at most in the United team.

We are very strongly linked with Gabriel @ Lille. I'd agree that CB and LB should be a priority but I don't think Ole or the Board share our opinion on this.
I've stated this many times before. I don't know much about the player but Dortmund players tend to be crap elsewhere.
They seem to shine only at Dortmund. Perhaps one or two have been successful elsewhere but the crap to good ratio is almost 100%.
And their profile at Dortmund was huge, look at Dembele, Goetze, Reus, Kroos, Kagawa, Mkhi etc... so many big names.
I think Dortmund have a good marketing team to add hype to the players who're performing well.
And the transfer fee for a person who's scored 17 goals is mental. Greenwood has had similar with far fewer minutes.

It's like buying a stock that's already been through a huge bull run. We've missed the train. We're better off buying like City and Liverpool; they get good players for decent sums most of the time. And we're buying crap like Pogba, Di Maria, Sanchez (wages), etc.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

It's being reported that we're going to save 55-60m over 2 years by ditching Sanchez. 60 fucking mil. What a horrendous signing. That kind of money is a top young player that could transform our team.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago It's being reported that we're going to save 55-60m over 2 years by ditching Sanchez. 60 fucking mil. What a horrendous signing. That kind of money is a top young player that could transform our team.
That'll be instrumental in out deal to sign Sancho, if it goes through.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Smalling's literally on his way back to Manchester

He posted on Twitter: "I’m gutted that I can’t finish what we started this season. To experience the love shown to me in such a short time was extra special and it will not be forgotten."

Apparently we only want 15m euros but Roma won't cough up
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

We have 8 CBs at the club. Get rid of 4 and sign one actual quality one.
FuB
Site Admin

Sid wrote: 3 years ago Smalling's literally on his way back to Manchester

He posted on Twitter: "I’m gutted that I can’t finish what we started this season. To experience the love shown to me in such a short time was extra special and it will not be forgotten."

Apparently we only want 15m euros but Roma won't cough up
Surely, if he was as amazing as we read (i didn't bother trying to watch him either), we'd be able to hock him to a Serie A club. They'll have all seen how good he is.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
dozer
Legend

Smalling is garbage but I'd keep him over Bailly or Jones. If we're getting a new defender then we get rid of smalling. First let Bailly and Jones regardless. Dunc Edwards cunt.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

ESPN reporting we wouldn't let Roma extend Smalling's loan so he could play in Europa. I wonder why? I hope we're not planning on keeping him.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Brandon Williams signs a new 4 year deal with an extra year as an option. This is good, they're spending the Sanchez money. Hopefully there's more to come too with Smalling and others fucking off.