OGS.....

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Legend

dozer wrote: 3 years ago Ole out eh lads? :))
Tactically naive manager is doing well (so far) again in his third straight season with us.
He's improved Rashford, Shaw, Fred, Matic, Bruno, greenwood and maybe Pogba. Our defenders still need improving.

"I hope Ole succeeds but I think he's tactically naive and lacks big balls"

All these complaints about tactics and strategies are clearly to camouflage the issue that he isn't a galactico manager. I mean, Pool have Klopp, City have Guardiola and we just have Ole. That's the real issue right? He's no where in the league of these managers when it comes to galacticoness.

"Let's see how we perform without Bruno"
reminds me of this gem..
"Can he do it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke?"
:))
This coming from a guy who likes galacticos but then doesn't but then does.....I don't think any of us wish bad on Ole, he's done a good job reversing Mourinho's poison and the team are grinding out results. We have our share of good fortune and Ole is lucky enough to have one of the leagues best players, a genuine worldie. But when things aren't going for us, Ole doesn't have a clue how to change it up from the counter attacking. And it's laughable to suggest he has improved players. Improving players would be like what Klopp has done to Trent or Hendo, or what Poch did for Eriksen and Dele or what Mourinho did to Terry and Lampard. All Ole has done is come in and made it a nicer environment so that the players can enjoy themselves. There is no coaching I can see of, Fred is no better than he was under Mourinho, Shaw is still shite mostly, Matic has regressed. Bruno came this good (and has probably improved Ole), Rasford has more confidence. But none of them have tactically or technically improved under Ole.

Let's give it a couple of months, I'm sure you will have changed your mind again.
FuB
Site Admin

fat maradona wrote: 3 years ago Let's give it a couple of months, I'm sure you will have changed your mind again.
I doubt it. Dozer likes to take the contrary opinion, get entrenched in it and continue to spout it for ever. He's still not shut up about the bogbrush after all.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
bman2
Legend

It’s a funny season. If City and Everton both won their games in hand, the top of the table after 18 games would be:

City
United
Leicester
Everton
Liverpool
Spurs

But it’s all very tight. I feel like City are hitting good form though. They’re hardly conceding any goals at all, a goal every two games or so. They could win a lot of games in a row with that sort of consistency.
fat maradona
Legend

City look solid and they're not even playing particularly well (not to the levels of 2018/19 anyway). We should have beaten Liverpool yesterday but gave them way too much respect. Ole should have hauled Bruno and Tony sooner than he did. Games like yesterday do reiterate just how badly we need a proper RW.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

We're exactly half way through the season and United top of the league - with the Tories Frank Lampard close to the sack

Not many predicted that at the start of the season after Chelsea strengthened so well in summer
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Well

bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago Well

Lampard must be for the sack soon, that’s what Chelsea normally does. I’d say they might go for allegri.
dozer
Legend

I remember saying it'll be interesting to see how Chelsea does after buying so many players. The reason was I've heard Wenger and Fergie say quite often that buying more than 3 (first-team) players is detrimental because it affects team work.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer wrote: 3 years ago I remember saying it'll be interesting to see how Chelsea does after buying so many players. The reason was I've heard Wenger and Fergie say quite often that buying more than 3 (first-team) players is detrimental because it affects team work.
Definitely this. Also the Tories Frank Lampard doesn't have a playing style. And for all the hype over his work at Derby, they only got one more point under him than they did the previous season. He's just not good enough. Ole clearly shows more but is only ever one game a way from the sack, which shows how the two are treated.
fat maradona
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago
dozer wrote: 3 years ago I remember saying it'll be interesting to see how Chelsea does after buying so many players. The reason was I've heard Wenger and Fergie say quite often that buying more than 3 (first-team) players is detrimental because it affects team work.
Definitely this. Also the Tories Frank Lampard doesn't have a playing style. And for all the hype over his work at Derby, they only got one more point under him than they did the previous season. He's just not good enough. Ole clearly shows more but is only ever one game a way from the sack, which shows how the two are treated.
Only in the fans & journos eyes mate, he is clearly well backed by Woodward and the Board