The Euros

Non-United football chat
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

We need a seperate thread for this

I reckon France could win it, that's assuming the thing takes place with the ongoing protests against labour laws (that are ace btw - the latest is that 16 of the 19 power stations have agreed to join the strikes, fuck yeah) and international terrorism
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

Home nation always has an advantage, but watch out for Belgium too.
It will probably be Germany though.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
marlon
Legend

3 years ago

Spain and Germany are the favourites. French defence looks a bit dodgy, but they're probably just behind those two with Belgium.
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

But you know Will Griggs on fire?
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

marlon wrote:Spain and Germany are the favourites. French defence looks a bit dodgy, but they're probably just behind those two with Belgium.
Never ignore Italy...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
marlon wrote:Spain and Germany are the favourites. French defence looks a bit dodgy, but they're probably just behind those two with Belgium.
Never ignore Italy...
I do try, Alf. If only I could.

but still, I don't think Conte is an international manager so I don't expect anything much from them this time round. Won't be sorry if I'm proved wrong.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
marlon
Legend

3 years ago

Italy have a great defence, but not much going forward. Guess that often works in cup comps though.

If the big teams win their groups, there'll be Spain up against Italy/England/Switzerland/Portugal till the final.

On the other side France, Germany and Belgium all have to fight it out for a spot in the final. Amazing Spain are only the bookies 3rd favourite to win.

marlon
Legend

3 years ago

FuB wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Never ignore Italy...

but still, I don't think Conte is an international manager so I don't expect anything much from them this time round. Won't be sorry if I'm proved wrong.
He managed Juve though, so it'll be easy for him to build on that Buffon-Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini backline
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

marlon wrote:
FuB wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Never ignore Italy...

He managed Juve though, so it'll be easy for him to build on that Buffon-Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini backline
he doesn't really seem to have done so up till now though... anyway, I don't hear anywhere near the noise that I've normally heard coming up to a major tournament here. don't think there's much expectation at all - maybe that'll be the key though.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
marlon
Legend

3 years ago

Don't think they'll win but if they come 2nd in their group behind Belgium, England and Portugal will be the toughest teams they meet before the semis.