martial watch

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

4 months ago

Lakendary wrote:
4 months ago
So Martial didn't make the French WC squad. If him leaving this summer wasn't dead on before, it surely has to be now. He'll want to play regular first team football so that he can make the French squad.

Deschamps made some other questionable calls with his squad. Mendy hardly played but still made it.
So him being mediocre had nothing to do with it then. All the skills aren't enough if he lacks the brains.
danniitronix
Legend

4 months ago

Sid wrote:
4 months ago
Lakendary wrote:
4 months ago
Snoopcousins wrote:
4 months ago
I’d take a “season of shite” for a league trophy.
Anyone is lying if they say otherwise
Damn straight. But the problem comes in when shite football doesnt not equal a league title. City proved that winning the league doesn't mean you have to play shite.
Liverpool reaching the CL final playing great football as well

We've all been conditioned into thinking you have to play 451 defensive football to win titles. But that was the approach 10 years ago. Times have changed. Titles are going to attacking teams now. That's what Pogba was getting at when he said if we'd have attacked more throughout the season we'd have given City a run for their money.
Agree but only to a certain extent Sid.

The only real title up for grabs is the EPL and Citeh have got the holy grail of skill and attack and it looks bang on.

As for the other titles, Juventus, Bayern, PSG and Barcelona, they could play 10 men behind the ball and park the bus and still win at a canter.

Wenger was right, modern football is shit because only one title is up for grabs and that is the EPL. La Liga is Barca or the the White Trash.

I go back to the Klopp and Wenger point. It all looks great on a highlights real but it doesn't really count for shit other than loser medals.

There needs to be a fine balance and look what happend to Citeh in the UCL when they got uprooted, trying to hand out some beats. On the whole though I think Pep as the balance right and so does Zidane. Even Madreed yesterday just went for it.
Lakendary
First Teamer

3 months ago

dozer wrote:
4 months ago
Lakendary wrote:
4 months ago
So Martial didn't make the French WC squad. If him leaving this summer wasn't dead on before, it surely has to be now. He'll want to play regular first team football so that he can make the French squad.

Deschamps made some other questionable calls with his squad. Mendy hardly played but still made it.
So him being mediocre had nothing to do with it then. All the skills aren't enough if he lacks the brains.
Mediocre? Okay pal. Moving on.
Lakendary
First Teamer

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
Well that's that then

http://sportwitness.co.uk/huge-update-m ... er-united/
Anyone really surprised?

Sad if he leaves but I've made my peace.
marlon
Legend

3 months ago

So frustrating that we've become a club where young talent rots.
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Here's his agent's actual comments, fairly frank

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/mer ... 70258.html

Not convinced the club sees him as an important player, he needs to get his career back on track, the most important thing for him is to just play, enjoy himself again, the relationship with his manager is paramount.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Reaction from United fans https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/man- ... quit-news/

Losing Martial because Jose bought Sanchez whose going to be 30 in december and has done fuck all to justify keeping a top young player out is a bag of shite

Rashford should be next out the door. He's too good to be the bench fodder squaddie Jose wants him to be.
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

Martial's been average. He's useful as a sub but he's not been good enough yet to cement his spot.
Looks like he wants more money but United didn't offer him an acceptable deal in the last 8 months of negotiations. Playing time has nothing to do with it then.
If he goes, he goes. Jose was convinced that Sanchez would be awesome for us this season. I wasn't a fan even before we bought him but let's see.
I don't care about Sanchez' age. He;s 29. That's okay. It's our present that's fucked up, our future; not so much. The club is still raking in the cash.
Fix the present. We need players who can deliver NOW, not entertain could bes like Martial.
No passengers.

Also why did we buy that 19 yr old Digolo lad? Pointless. How about a mid 20s left back who's mature enough to play without any age related excuses?
Lakendary
First Teamer

3 months ago

dozer wrote:
3 months ago
Martial's been average. He's useful as a sub but he's not been good enough yet to cement his spot.
Looks like he wants more money but United didn't offer him an acceptable deal in the last 8 months of negotiations. Playing time has nothing to do with it then.
If he goes, he goes. Jose was convinced that Sanchez would be awesome for us this season. I wasn't a fan even before we bought him but let's see.
I don't care about Sanchez' age. He;s 29. That's okay. It's our present that's fucked up, our future; not so much. The club is still raking in the cash.
Fix the present. We need players who can deliver NOW, not entertain could bes like Martial.
No passengers.

Also why did we buy that 19 yr old Digolo lad? Pointless. How about a mid 20s left back who's mature enough to play without any age related excuses?
Honestly, who cares if the club is still raking in the cash? Man United, the most valuable club in the world, but our football is turd. Whoop de doo.