The original Den of Iniquity
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:It's free for a year btw, but then you have to pay

So it might be worth downloading sooner rather than later

Also they'll stop supporting 7 soon because Microsoft are shithouses

Not to nit pick guys, but windows 10 or 8 (pish) are not computer games,

Resident Evil 1 and the second assasians creed, and final fantasy 7.

Thats the shit right there.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:It's a bit laggy at the minute but I think that's because it's still running updates in the background

They've given up trying to get us all on that slidey app bullshit from Windows 8 and gone back to a more traditional desktop set up. It's cleaner, simpler, there is a start bar and the settings and inner workings are easier to find. The tiles remain but they are condensed into the start bar which is where you do all your shit from, like the good old days.

Windows Media Player has gone, it now uses an app for music and another one for films. The music one is pretty shite as it doesn't recognise some formats and therefore can't play em

It's really fucking invasive as well. It wants to relay everything back to Microsoft, even keystrokes. Your mic, webcam, data, location etc. are all automatically switched on too, so you have to go through the privacy shit and turn it all off. There are also personalised ads which also need turning off. Thing is though Snowden revealed that they access all this data anyway, as do the yank and British governments, so there is no real privacy. But still, it's worth turning it all off.

Cortana is interesting, it's like an advanced Google Talk. You speak commands and in return it performs basic tasks. It will "get to know you" (you have to allow it and Microsoft to access all your data though) which is a bit weird. It will say hello to you and that. It's all a bit Skynet.
Fuck it... don't like the sound of that at all... I'll stick with 7... when it comes to computers, I don't do anything until I'm practically forced to...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Red Dead Redemption 2... What a fucking game
Pikey McScum
Star Man

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2... What a fucking game
Physical copy arrived on Sat, but didn't get a chance to look at it until late last night therefore didn't realise it's a 2 disc installation process. No probs, I thought - I'll put the PS4 in rest mode and let the disc 1 install do its thing, go to bed, and load disc 2 this morning. But... I completely forgot that rest mode stops the disc reader working, so when I got up this morning there was feck all progress made lol. So I'll have to give it another go this evening.

So yeah, what a fucking game - I've heard..... :))
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

:)) shit out of luck. It does take ages to install. I was all up for playing it after waiting 8 years since the last Red Dead, but it took over an hour to install.

It's a fucking massive game though. Could have done with the week off to get stuck into it.
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

...I guess that's you guys posting less on here in the future too then?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

swampash wrote:
2 months ago
...I guess that's you guys posting less on here in the future too then?
It's such a fucking impossibly big game that it takes over your life, so yeah Mourinho better get us playing or else I'll be skinning crocs in Red Dead instead
Pikey McScum
Star Man

2 months ago

Working full time and having a 10 month old baby is not conducive to getting plenty of gameplay time

I'd say I've played approx. 30 mins since the weekend lol

Been a wonderful 30 mins though tbf
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Ditch em mate, start a new life, the game is worth it
Pikey McScum
Star Man

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago