Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

marlon wrote:
5 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
5 months ago
This is more along the lines of what i'm thinking, reaching out to other fans groups and seeing what's possible in the new social media climate, the last time around there wasn't as open a media field to play on. I know nothing about social media but i'm up for drafting a plan. But what exactly do we want to happen/change? If we can't get an agreement on here then there's no chance of interesting anyone else.

I know we all like a row and a fight on here but can we put that bollocks aside and actually think about what we want to change and how that could happen? A stake for supporters should be on the list,.How much of a stake? How it would work,? How has it worked else where? And so on.

I'm not interested in fucking about and arguing with people about this or scoring points about the normal nonsense. I'm only interested in finding out what we want, what we could change and who could help us do that. I've had enough watching the club fall apart.
Anyone?

ffs
First things first, don't give the club any money. It's not hard tbf, stream the games and don't buy the tat. But obviously that alone int gonna do it.

I see 3 ways to get rid:

Money, so buy em out like the Red Knights (failed last time)

Protest, everything from boycotts to the excellent secretive autonomous group in 04/05 that tried to physically attack em on numberous occasions (also failed)

Political, so governments forcing clubs to give fans a meaningful stake with voting rights etc

The latter is most likely to get some popular support but it requires a massive change in attitude from people and politicians. And I know you don't want bitching and infighting but that's inevitable as what we're asking for is essentially the nationalisation of football clubs - but with fans as owners not the state. But all the time cunts vote for lib dems etc who believe businesses, services, NHS, even fucking trees should be in private hands so the rich can profit off em, they aren't going to let us have our clubs back.

Also giving fans a stake will piss off some of the richest most powerful cunts in the world who now own our clubs. Like the Mansours at City won't be happy with their customers having a say in their crucial sportwashing exercise. So governments aren't going to push this issue too hard. If the saudi's buy United, Bin Salman who owns the richest company in the world, the oil producing Aramco, then we're fucked. No one's going to upset him until the oil's running out and we've switched to other forms of energy.
marlon
Legend

5 months ago

kunal4622 wrote:
5 months ago
Back in the old days, I used to hear a lot from MUST. That's a good place to start. Genuine fans with shares or money should approach them and should come up with good stretagy how to overthrow these Glazer cunts. It could happen. Anything is possble in the world of business.
I think MUST have meetings with the club now so have given up on protest
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

The ballbag speaks

Manchester United’s recruitment has been ‘dysfunctional’, admits Ed Woodward

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... _clipboard

The guardian hack doesn't challenge him. It was probably just an email interview or some shite. But there's been a definite change in tact in terms of PR. First the fans forum comments, now this. They're trying to reconfirm the vision in case Liverpool hammer us.
fat maradona
First Teamer

5 months ago

Tie it in with this article and you get a better picture of the fat cunt
marlon
Legend

5 months ago

Sid wrote:
5 months ago

First things first, don't give the club any money. It's not hard tbf, stream the games and don't buy the tat. But obviously that alone int gonna do it.

I see 3 ways to get rid:

Money, so buy em out like the Red Knights (failed last time)

Protest, everything from boycotts to the excellent secretive autonomous group in 04/05 that tried to physically attack em on numberous occasions (also failed)

Political, so governments forcing clubs to give fans a meaningful stake with voting rights etc

The latter is most likely to get some popular support but it requires a massive change in attitude from people and politicians. And I know you don't want bitching and infighting but that's inevitable as what we're asking for is essentially the nationalisation of football clubs - but with fans as owners not the state. But all the time cunts vote for lib dems etc who believe businesses, services, NHS, even fucking trees should be in private hands so the rich can profit off em, they aren't going to let us have our clubs back.

Also giving fans a stake will piss off some of the richest most powerful cunts in the world who now own our clubs. Like the Mansours at City won't be happy with their customers having a say in their crucial sportwashing exercise. So governments aren't going to push this issue too hard. If the saudi's buy United, Bin Salman who owns the richest company in the world, the oil producing Aramco, then we're fucked. No one's going to upset him until the oil's running out and we've switched to other forms of energy.
That's why i think protest/boycott is the way to go. Even if it doesn't achieve everything, at least you fuck them up a bit.
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

The ballbag speaks again

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... d-football

Ed Woodward said the Glazer family do not wish to sell Manchester United and the owners have received no offers for the club.

There are reports that Saudi Arabia’s crown prince Mohammed bin Salman would like to buy the club, but the executive vice-chairman denied there had been any concrete bids.

“Based on what I see, they’re in it for the long-term,” Woodward told the United We Stand fanzine of the Glazers. “With regards to offers or asking prices, my understanding is that there have been no discussions for a price for the club or anything like that. Every conversation we have is based on the long-term.

“The debt is a long-term, structured and similar to some other football clubs. It’s a fixed amount for a fixed period of time which results in it being fairly cheap to service. It’s just under two per cent of our annual revenue each year, so it doesn’t really have any impact on us.”

Again, another short interview where the media don't ask him any questions. Just a statement really. But it's noticeable how the cunts are talking to us a lot more now.
Lazarus
Legend

5 months ago

Sid wrote:
5 months ago
The ballbag speaks again

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... d-football

Ed Woodward said the Glazer family do not wish to sell Manchester United and the owners have received no offers for the club.

There are reports that Saudi Arabia’s crown prince Mohammed bin Salman would like to buy the club, but the executive vice-chairman denied there had been any concrete bids.

“Based on what I see, they’re in it for the long-term,” Woodward told the United We Stand fanzine of the Glazers. “With regards to offers or asking prices, my understanding is that there have been no discussions for a price for the club or anything like that. Every conversation we have is based on the long-term.

“The debt is a long-term, structured and similar to some other football clubs. It’s a fixed amount for a fixed period of time which results in it being fairly cheap to service. It’s just under two per cent of our annual revenue each year, so it doesn’t really have any impact on us.”

Again, another short interview where the media don't ask him any questions. Just a statement really. But it's noticeable how the cunts are talking to us a lot more now.
They're going nowhere fast. All we can hope is that eventually the football will get better and that they'll (the money people) just want to compete for a change because the mood around the place is shit. I hope they're all miserable as fuck.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

I find it hard to believe Woodward is deciding what players to buy.
He's clearly listening to the "footballing men" i.e. the manager, the coaching staff or scouts etc.
If we had a director of football, he'd do the same thing and also include his own opinion.
United have spent a lot of money on transfers and wages.
It's our "footballing men" who are responsible apart from the managers for this mess
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Is the demand that Ed Woodward fuck off