Season summary....

Manchester United chat
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

1 month ago

I thought the Moyes/LVG football was dire, however, I feel we may have surpassed it this season.

No doubt there’s been progression in league position and home record, no one can deny that as it’s clearly a fact, however It’s come at a cost. We went with Jose to achieve this knowing the style of manager he is. We cannot blame him, he’s always been the same and Ed and the owners are aware of that.

I can’t remember a time where I cared less about a final than today, where I cared less about a season ending than today. I don’t like the football being played and I don’t like the absolute bollockless of our players. I know this is now the norm with modern players and I fucking hate it.

Some of you will only see Mourinho to blame, it’s just not that easy. Yes he’s a huge part but so are the players and their mentality.

Both manager and players need to look at themselves. It’s not been good enough for 85% of the season.

This should definitely be the last season for Mourinho to prove he can close the gap on city. He should get one more window in my opinion but that’s it. No more excuses. I do not want to start the season with the likes of Jones/Smalling/Fellani/Lingard anywhere near the first team.

Thank fuck the season is over. It’s been a pleasure again lads!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
sheesh
Legend

1 month ago

As much as I slag off Mourinho, I agree (up to a point) that the players have to look at themselves.

I think there are even bigger problems, though, that I'm not sure are being addressed. When Mourinho eventually goes, we're going to be back to square one. I made a similar point before we hired the guy.

When it comes to recruiting players, due to the management choices we've made, we're continuously stuck in this endless cycle of throwing good money after bad. It's madness. The days where we had one man controlling the most important strategic footballing decisions, at the level Fergie did, are over IMHO. I think we need to sort ourselves out as a club. This attacking ethos we were so well-known for has been sacrificed for dull pragmatism (LVG was dull too, let's not forget). Some principles should be non-negotiable when you become a United manager - playing attacking football should be one of them. That should be set in stone by the club. I also think the club needs more football men that are proactive about the type of player we sign, so we're not chasing after 29 year old William's and Sanchez's of this world. Woodward (who knows fuck all about football) gets given a transfer list, then dutifully and unquestioningly goes out to try and sign the player.

I'm not for one second saying we should turn into Real Madrid, but there's a reason they've won far more European Cups than we can ever dream of. There just needs to be more consistency at United, so that it shouldn't matter as much who the manager is. We shouldn't have to go through such a massive upheaval every time. We could start by not hiring a boring twat for a coach, though.
danniitronix
Legend

1 month ago

A bit underwhelming but second in league and champ league quali, and a final.

Not great, not shit. Glazers are running the business for cash and we have tonnes of, More than ever, but it needs to be spent more wisely but what does that really mean these days, you need to get wedge out even for shit players.

Weird game these days. I’m hopeful for better next year following some next level spending.
Steggo
Legend

1 month ago

I disagree Sheesh. In any organisation, large or small, it is the person at the top that sets the ethos.We absolutely knew what we were getting when Mourinho was appointed and we have suffered for it. The cup final was symptomatic of the entire season.Of course we can see previous managers through rose-tinted specs but with Ferguson and even Atkinson attacking flair was sometimes sacrificed for the result but you absolutely knew that eventually the core ethos of the club would be returned to. Unfortunately that ethos has now changed and there is only one person responsible for that.

Added to that is the fact that he has drained most of the players confidence by either playing them out of position, his tactics or by belittling them in public and the future looks less than rosie. Yes the players have to look to themselves but as the old saying goes 'A ships only as good as its captain'. Prepare the lifeboats,lads!
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 month ago

I can handle a season finishing potless. Losing a final, second in the league. It reads as a season of ‘nearlies’

It wasn’t.

And what I can’t handle is a united side that’s so painful to watch, so dull, so lacking in flair and excitement and most of all, so lacking in ambition.

The game against Sevilla summed it up for me.

Shite. I’m done with Mourinho. And I’m done with a fair few in that squad too. Too many looked not arsed in several games. But at leas they can jump on their private jets and go on holiday to their private islands for a few weeks now.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Steggo wrote:
1 month ago
Added to that is the fact that he has drained most of the players confidence by either playing them out of position, his tactics or by belittling them in public and the future looks less than rosie. Yes the players have to look to themselves but as the old saying goes 'A ships only as good as its captain'. Prepare the lifeboats,lads!
This
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 month ago

the season highlight was forcing city to wait a week before being confirmed as champs

sack the cunt
lkhm

hoofing
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

If Liverpool win the european cup then it's been a disaster tbf. Our two biggest rivals winning the two big pots on offer... it's unacceptable after what we've spent, the number of players we've brought in, the time he's had. To not even lift the FA Cup is piss poor. And the League Cup ffs City pissed that. And the football's been shite. The end hasn't justified the means this season.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

1 month ago

Sid if I could honestly pick a replacement out for Mourinho I would in a heartbeat. I just don’t know who we’d bring in to replace him and instantly challenge for the titles....
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 month ago

it’s clear at this point we won’t win big pots til we sort out the football tbf

jose the well dressed cunt who shithouses big pots and don’t give a shit is dead tbf, now it’s tk max tracksuit joey the media perception obsessed gobshite
lkhm

hoofing