vs Brighton

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

First test for Jose away from home - will he park the bus like he did last season?

There's a good chance he will because Brighton beat us 1-0 in this fixture last season
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
First test for Jose away from home - will he park the bus like he did last season?

There's a good chance he will because Brighton beat us 1-0 in this fixture last season
He has a whole week to coach us, so we'll be ready to do the same thing again..... (-|
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago

He has a whole week to coach us, so we'll be ready to do the same thing again..... (-|
he has a whole week to prepare some more pre-game excuses as well. I hope he comes up with some crackers. they'll be more interesting than the game anyway
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

We'll have had a 9 day break by the time this game comes around. No excuses for not beating em.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

I'll be interested to see if Jose deploys Pereira in the deep midfield role again. That's a promising development, though I suppose it won't last long once Matic is back in the saddle. No better man than Carrick to coach him in it though.
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Yes, thought he looked very sound in the last outing bman.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

I always thought he was supposed to be more of an attacking player. He has good footwork and close control, so he’s good at resisting pressing, and if he can learn to control the play from deep, could be very handy. It’s very interesting that Jose has been using him instead of mct, especially how much Jose has been talking about needing a Carrick replacement. I thought that might be what Fred was for... maybe not.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Aye Fred isn't a Carrick replacement at all. He's small, gets his head up and bursts forward with one twos. And he's a bit rough in the tackle. So the total opposite of Carrick. Matic is the closest thing to him; tall, reads the game well, protects the back 4 and plays some alright balls on the ground. But then Jose was saying we still need a replacement the season after we bought him, so who the fuck is it.

Tbf it's an example of how our transfer strategy is all over the place. Jose says he wants a specific type of player and we end up with 3 that don't really fit the bill.
marlon
Legend

1 month ago

A player like Fred was a bigger priority than replacing Matic. If we were going to play in a 3 we needed someone who'd offer more on the ball than Herrera, McTominay or Fellaini and we've got that in Fred. Pereira seems quite similar tbh and he should be starting over McTominay becasue he's a much better player.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Sanchez didn't travel on the plane, so I'm guessing he int playing

Hopefully he's just injured not arguing with Mourinho