vs Tottenham

Forum for match day threads
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 21340
Joined: 5 years ago

4 months ago

Then he walked out of the press conference

User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 14102
Joined: 5 years ago

4 months ago

Sid wrote:
4 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
Jose is going full Trump.......... Fans reading the press is the problem. FAKE NEWS!!!!! Prick....
Sounds like he's trying to keep the fans onside
Sounded like he was dividing the fans to me talking about the true fans who stayed and dissing the ones that left or booed.... or read stuff.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 4705
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

4 months ago

Sid wrote:
4 months ago
Then he walked out of the press conference

I'm glad he realises it's all about him... Shame he doesn’t quite realise in what way it is
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 14102
Joined: 5 years ago

4 months ago

Sid wrote:
4 months ago
FuB wrote:
4 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
When was the last time you watched a match and it was clear which United player had a bad game that cost us? We used to be able to say so and so had a mare because everybody else had a good game. We haven't been able to guage how good or bad our players are accurately for years because our Managers have played shit football...... Time to call out the players when we have a manager who makes us look remotely like a cohesive team.
yeah.. again... it's not to argue with you, fella. I can't disagree with your point of view but I think it's papering over some fundamental cracks that reach right into the playing staff if you make the manager the source of all evil.

i'd love to see a manager that can actually coach some belief into the players - and, similarly, i'd love to see Lukaku (for example) suddenly be good - but I can't see the problem as being quite that polarised that it's only Jose's fault.
Some of the players are shite, no question, but ultimately it's Joses fault for signing em or keeping them at the club. After 5 transfer windows and 500m spent this is his team.
I guarantee you that if we sign a positive, attacking coach every player we have improves. They are not all great players but they're all better than this. They've been destroyed by years of shit management and coaching. Jose has had plenty of time to get rid and buy better.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
Felwin
First Teamer
Posts: 387
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Abroad

4 months ago

Spot on, Laz
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 14102
Joined: 5 years ago

4 months ago

Sid wrote:
4 months ago
@SoccerAM
Jose on losing to Spurs.
"By the strategic point of view we didn't lose, from the tactics point of view we didn't lose. But we lost the game.'
MUGA! Fake News!!!!!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 4705
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

4 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
Sid wrote:
4 months ago
FuB wrote:
4 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
4 months ago
When was the last time you watched a match and it was clear which United player had a bad game that cost us? We used to be able to say so and so had a mare because everybody else had a good game. We haven't been able to guage how good or bad our players are accurately for years because our Managers have played shit football...... Time to call out the players when we have a manager who makes us look remotely like a cohesive team.
yeah.. again... it's not to argue with you, fella. I can't disagree with your point of view but I think it's papering over some fundamental cracks that reach right into the playing staff if you make the manager the source of all evil.

i'd love to see a manager that can actually coach some belief into the players - and, similarly, i'd love to see Lukaku (for example) suddenly be good - but I can't see the problem as being quite that polarised that it's only Jose's fault.
Some of the players are shite, no question, but ultimately it's Joses fault for signing em or keeping them at the club. After 5 transfer windows and 500m spent this is his team.
I guarantee you that if we sign a positive, attacking coach every player we have improves. They are not all great players but they're all better than this. They've been destroyed by years of shit management and coaching. Jose has had plenty of time to get rid and buy better.
I'm not disagreeing with this. I think you're spot on but a shit player is still a shit player. some great managers can make shit players look like greats and I can't cross enough fingers that we'll have one of those sooner or later.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4151
Joined: 5 years ago

4 months ago

Objectively, I must say I was pleased with the way he set up the team. Herrera really threw himself into the game from the off and looked very good, as did Shaw.
The set up produced lots of chances, which we just squandered - we should have been out of sight by half time and paid the penalty. If you dominate to such an extent but can't put the ball in the net, then you're going to be in trouble against a decent team, who will eventually get their chance to score.
I feel a bit sorry for JoMo inasmuch as he gave us the sort of tactics many have been calling for, but he was thoroughly let down by player who, at this level, ought to be able to convert their chances. Don't they practice shooting any more? Telling that so few of our attempts were actually on target - I think it was just 4 out of more than 20 shots. That's just not acceptable at this level.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 21340
Joined: 5 years ago

4 months ago

It was the first time we've been allowed to attack in ages, and that's only because of the horrorshow against Brighton. That might have had something to do with the missed chances. It's hard to just switch on attacking football when it's based around rhythm, tempo, relationships etc.
User avatar
Felwin
First Teamer
Posts: 387
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Abroad

4 months ago

swampash wrote:
4 months ago
Objectively, I must say I was pleased with the way he set up the team. Herrera really threw himself into the game from the off and looked very good, as did Shaw.
The set up produced lots of chances, which we just squandered - we should have been out of sight by half time and paid the penalty. If you dominate to such an extent but can't put the ball in the net, then you're going to be in trouble against a decent team, who will eventually get their chance to score.
I feel a bit sorry for JoMo inasmuch as he gave us the sort of tactics many have been calling for, but he was thoroughly let down by player who, at this level, ought to be able to convert their chances. Don't they practice shooting any more? Telling that so few of our attempts were actually on target - I think it was just 4 out of more than 20 shots. That's just not acceptable at this level.
Were you watching the same game?

This is what we've been fucking reduced to then. We have 'shots' and that's good enough? 20 odd of them from odd angles, outside the area, on the turn, from poor delivery and when crowded out.

The chance creation is shocking and has been for 12 months. Jose doesn't have a fucking clue how to set up an attacking team. We pressed and looked like we'd shut Spurs out but the cracks were showing before HT. Nothing clear cut created. No receiving the ball in space in the area or driving into the box - like Kane, Moura and Alli found it so easy to do in ours.

If you honestly think Jose was let down by his players, you need your head seeing to.
Post Reply