vs Burnley

Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

3 weeks ago

Burnley are shite, they haven't won a game in the league and they have to play Olympiakos on thursday so we should be on for a moral boosting away win

If not Jose will Jose get the boot?
Felwin
First Teamer

3 weeks ago

From a modern football perspective, a loss makes his position virtually untenable.

Brush aside the media noise and the public war of words between Woodward and Jose and you're left with a manager that is simply not getting the best out of the players. Whether or not that is cause for dismissal 4 games in... not sure. I'd sack him just for being a bellend personally, but Woodward has more pressing political issues to consider other than 'he's a prick'.
marlon
Legend

3 weeks ago

They've conceded 7 in their last two games against Watford and Fulham so it's not like they're the Burnley with the 6th best defence in the league like last season either. Mind you, we've already conceded 4 at home - almost half the 9 we conceded over the whole of last season.
sheesh
Legend

3 weeks ago

We should beat them. 3-0
Felwin
First Teamer

3 weeks ago

It’ll be a shite 1-0 with the only goal coming via a Burnley error allowing Lukaku to scuff one in
Lazarus
Legend

3 weeks ago

It would be great if we could be confident about beating them. Or anybody.......
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

3 weeks ago

Jose is hoping our 'LUCK' will change against Burnley....

“We just hope to play as well as we did against Tottenham, but with different luck and a different result.” -Jose

Inspirational or what?

MUGA!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

3 weeks ago

He got through his entire first season blaming bad luck and muppets lapped it up
Felwin
First Teamer

3 weeks ago

Alright Jose is a bellend but we have to be honest... Fergie played the luck/referee card time and time again

Looks worse on Jose because we’re playing like an incoherent mess and he’s not a club legend
swampash
Legend

3 weeks ago

Despite the result against Spurs, I would go for the same shape and approach as we did in the first half of the Spurs game. We have to stick at it and get the team used to that style of play. One possible finesse might be to bring in Darmian. I hate him as a fullback, but he plays well in a back 3 - his best performances, if I recall correctly, have been in a back 3 in the Italian team. Clearly Sanchez has to play too.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...