Who next?

Manchester United chat
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 month ago

Stop gap till the summer, apparently. I don't think it'll be Zidane - I think it'll be someone like Hiddink or Ancellotti. Could it even be Wenger....?

In the summer, I think our top target will be Poch. Who else will be in the mix? Howe? Southgate? Allegri?

If we can't get Poch, I think it'll be Howe.
sheesh
Legend

1 month ago

I don't know who the genuinely top managers are anymore, as I don't follow football outside of united as much as I used to.

I think the club needs to shape its whole football operations around a football philosophy, not just go for a personality. They need a progressive, attack minded manager. Ancelotti is yesterday's man. I don't want Conte.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 month ago

sheesh wrote:
1 month ago
I don't know who the genuinely top managers are anymore, as I don't follow football outside of united as much as I used to.

I think the club needs to shape its whole football operations around a football philosophy, not just go for a personality. They need a progressive, attack minded manager. Ancelotti is yesterday's man. I don't want Conte.
Agree entirely. I wouldn't see Ancellotti as anything more than a stop-gap - but I could see someone like him or Hiddink coming in for the next 6 months. A purely short term deal for all.

The more I think about it, the more I can see us going for Howe, on the basis of going back to a longer term plan. He won't ruffle feathers, he's good with the media, plays attacking football, can relate to modern players. You could see him working well with a DoF, he's more gettable than Poch. The big question mark of course is whether he can make a step up.

Poch will be target number 1. But he'll be hard to get.

There's a big rebuild needed and it'll take 2-3 years. So the club need to get this right.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 month ago

Sky Journo saying that the interim is 'someone the media will enjoy working with, and someone who's focus will be on restoring a positive atmosphere inside the club'......
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
1 month ago
sheesh wrote:
1 month ago

Agree entirely. I wouldn't see Ancellotti as anything more than a stop-gap - but I could see someone like him or Hiddink coming in for the next 6 months. A purely short term deal for all.

The more I think about it, the more I can see us going for Howe, on the basis of going back to a longer term plan. He won't ruffle feathers, he's good with the media, plays attacking football, can relate to modern players. You could see him working well with a DoF, he's more gettable than Poch. The big question mark of course is whether he can make a step up.

Poch will be target number 1. But he'll be hard to get.

There's a big rebuild needed and it'll take 2-3 years. So the club need to get this right.
Can't see Ancellotti leaving Napoli so soon into his contract and, despite their CL exit, he's not doing too bad. I'd much rather have Allegri anyway.

The club have indicated they want the DoF in before they bring in the new manager so it does look like they're moving in the right direction. I think this has always been on the cards and Mourinho's worsening attitude has been part and parcel of it. He knew he was a dead man walking and he's enough of a cunt to try and ruin things as much as he could before they finally pulled the trigger.

As for someone "steeped in the history of the club"... Sparky just got the boot, didn't he? God forbid...
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 month ago

I didn't realise Ancelotti was at Napoli, so it won't be him. As for ex United men....

Bruce? Giggs? Queiroz? Phelan?
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
1 month ago
Sky Journo saying that the interim is 'someone the media will enjoy working with, and someone who's focus will be on restoring a positive atmosphere inside the club'......
That's the priority right now, it's so basic, but we need someone to remove the black cloud Jose always leaves behind. This one's really fucking poisonous.

I don't think it will be Carrick, the job is too big for him. It nearly broke Giggs, so I think he'll be wary of that.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

1 month ago

I could see Fergie lobbying for Phelan, for 6 months.

Could Giggs do it for 6 months? Not much to do with Wales for now.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

The long term question is who wants to take over a 6/7th placed club whose moral & confidence has been decimated by a dinosaur cunt whose spent 3 years getting em playing dysfunctional 11v11 hoofball and fighting for minor trophies?

How do you lift em and tell them they're good enough after 3 years of being singled out and publicly flogged by Jose? No players have developed, they've all regressed. Are Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Shaw etc going to be salvagable after 3 years of hoofing shite? Is Rash even a fucking striker anymore?

The job is massive

If Poch has money to spend now that the stadium is built he'd be better off at Tottenham. He can build on what is a top 4 team with quality and a great style of footall and maybe win a mjor trophy in the next few years.
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

Sid... anyone who looks at a team with some top players but a fucked up morale and league position and decides it's not something they can solve can fuck.off anyway.

The whole point is that we need someone with some fucking balls for once
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit