OGS.....

Manchester United chat
sheesh
Legend

6 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
6 months ago
He’s done way better than I thought and he’s putting himself into pole position. We still don’t need to rush though - let’s take as much time as we can on this one.

A defeat to PSG wouldn’t be a disgrace - though i think we can do em. I just want us to make it a proper game and not quiver in the corner like a beaten dog, like Mourinho would’ve had us doing.

He’s made it fun again. We’ve gone from laughing stock to a proper side inside 2 months.

The squad still needs work - there are holes and areas that are paper thin. So it’s essential that whoever takes the reins is backed to make the signings we need. If the idea is to appoint him because he won’t rock the boat and demand backing in the market, then there’s only so much he can do.

Ole really couldn't have done any more than has been asked of him. He has done an absolutely incredible job, and far surpassed most fans' expectations, including mine.

Having said that, I said in a previous post that it is extremely convenient to the Glazers that Ole has done so well, if you look at some of the players we've got who clearly aren't good enough. The Jones contract extension strikes me as Woodward decision, rather than one Ole would have endorsed. My fear is that he wouldn't get the backing he would need, and that another person would demand in a similar position, if he were to get the job.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

6 months ago

I’ve struggled to eat my head around the Jones deal too Sheesh.

One thought my be that it’s in relation to suggestions that Phelan has helped bring back ‘the United way’. If there’s a push to bring back some of the principles and culture of the Ferguson era - Jones was part of it. The only others are Smalling, De Gea and Young. Maybe they want to keep some of that around...? They may even still think they can make him a player, in a proper run United. He was highly rated once upon a time.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 months ago

sheesh wrote:
6 months ago
6 months ago
He’s done way better than I thought and he’s putting himself into pole position. We still don’t need to rush though - let’s take as much time as we can on this one.

A defeat to PSG wouldn’t be a disgrace - though i think we can do em. I just want us to make it a proper game and not quiver in the corner like a beaten dog, like Mourinho would’ve had us doing.

He’s made it fun again. We’ve gone from laughing stock to a proper side inside 2 months.

The squad still needs work - there are holes and areas that are paper thin. So it’s essential that whoever takes the reins is backed to make the signings we need. If the idea is to appoint him because he won’t rock the boat and demand backing in the market, then there’s only so much he can do.

Ole really couldn't have done any more than has been asked of him. He has done an absolutely incredible job, and far surpassed most fans' expectations, including mine.

Having said that, I said in a previous post that it is extremely convenient to the Glazers that Ole has done so well, if you look at some of the players we've got who clearly aren't good enough. The Jones contract extension strikes me as Woodward decision, rather than one Ole would have endorsed. My fear is that he wouldn't get the backing he would need, and that another person would demand in a similar position, if he were to get the job.
yep, see how they’ve rushed through all these deals for the dross while the moods still upbeat, we’ll spend fuck all in the summer compared to the others again and ole will smile away cause he’s just happy to be there
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

6 months ago

......and he'll only stay there as long as the results stay consistently up. Then we'll do this dance again.... I can get with the idea of the Glazers not investing and riding the wave as long as possible though. But that remains to be seen.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
dozer
Legend

6 months ago

Fortunately Ole's joined midway so he'll know who to get rid off in the summer.
I think he'll buy a centrehalf and a right winger. At least. Dalot looks like he could be a good right back.
Lindelof is playing well.
I want Sanchez gone.
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

Sanchez probably has to go to free up room on the wage bill for new players and new deals, especially as our turnover plateued under Pulis

Also I think they broke the 50% turnover rule on wages funding his bus, and it obviously didn't work, so that needs sorting out. They went all in with Jose and it backfired so they'll definitely want the next man to do it cheaper.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

6 months ago

Doesn’t change the result and it’s ‘only words’ but I like his words after last nights result. He’s humble but positive. He’s supportive of his players - even those struggling for form. There’s recognition that we need to strengthen and a good point that we’re inexperienced with these types of game so it’s a learning curve for all. He just ‘gets it’.

I’m behind him all the way. Now let’s back him properly in the summer.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/o ... gue-12-feb
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

:wall:
6 months ago
Doesn’t change the result and it’s ‘only words’ but I like his words after last nights result. He’s humble but positive. He’s supportive of his players - even those struggling for form. There’s recognition that we need to strengthen and a good point that we’re inexperienced with these types of game so it’s a learning curve for all. He just ‘gets it’.

I’m behind him all the way. Now let’s back him properly in the summer.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/o ... gue-12-feb
He can use last night as an example of why he needs new players in summer. We have a team that can smash 9/10 wins on the bounce but the CL is another level.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

5 months ago

Ole’s equalled our all time club record of 7 away wins on the bounce.

In his first 7 away games.
Sid
Legend

5 months ago

5 months ago
Ole’s equalled our all time club record of 7 away wins on the bounce.

In his first 7 away games.
Class. The board have a real problem now because he's set an impossible standard by equalling and breaking records which the next man won't be able to do. Even if it was Pep he'd struggle. I'm not saying Ole's a better manager but he's benefiting from knowing the club inside out, from the fans to the football. He's basically playing Fergie football with a modern twist. Even the tactics in big away games are basically what we did in 2008.