Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
Sid wrote:7 points off 4th

Remember a couple of weeks ago when Snoops said "beat Swansea and we'll go 3rd"

:))
:D was true back then tbf
For a split second league it looked like we could realistically make the top 4, and you took that split second to imply that was the case for the entire season

I admire your season long attempts to shine this turd. Going back to august when you said "they just need time to gel" to "just beat Swansea". Fair play to you, you gave it a good go. But people aren't buying it.
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

One man cheerleading squad....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

For the first time in 864 days, a Jose Mourinho managed side has scored a goal away from home against a current PL top six team

The cowardice Allardyce bus parking against quality teams goes back to when Jose had won the league / had best team in england. But he still bottled it away from home. So even if he turns us into a quality outfit it's hard to see the approach changing in the away games.
pint vulger
Legend

1 year ago

Sid wrote:For the first time in 864 days, a Jose Mourinho managed side has scored a goal away from home against a current PL top six team

The cowardice Allardyce bus parking against quality teams goes back to when Jose had won the league / had best team in england. But he still bottled it away from home. So even if he turns us into a quality outfit it's hard to see the approach changing in the away games.
Did you go or watch the game ?
just1n
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:One man cheerleading squad....
What's happened to Harry?
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

just1n wrote:
Lazarus wrote:One man cheerleading squad....
What's happened to Harry?
No clue, hope he's ok, Harry didn't strike me as someone who'd let Rant get to him so i'm guessing it's something personal. IF it is Rant though and he's embarrassed by Jose he needs to get back soon, Snoops needs the help.... Fuckin' Community Shield.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

2 weeks ago

Can Ole salvage Joses train wreck season?

Originally I thought not, but we're only 6 points off Chelsea now, so it's possible

Probably not worth starting a new thread over, but alas
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 weeks ago

I think we can overtake Arsenal. Chelsea will be the big challenge. I've had a quick look at fixtures - mainly cos I'm back at work today and can't be arsed.

We each have the following same fixtures:

Brighton H
Burnley H
Leicester A
Fulham A
Arsenal A
Man City H
Watford H
West Ham H
Everton A

Chelsea have to come to OT, so that's a chance for a 3 point swing.
We each play Huddersfield - United are away, Chelsea at home.
We each play Cardiff - United at home, Chelsea away.
Much of a muchness.
We're away to Wolves, they're at home to Wolves. So slight advantage to Chelsea there, maybe.

We have Palace away and Southampton at home.
They have Newcastle away and Bournemouth at home.
Not a huge difference, but ours are probably slightly harder.

We have Spurs away, Chelsea have them at home.
We have Liverpool at home and Chelsea have to go to Anfield.

So we have broadly similar fixtures. We're going to need to beat Chelsea at OT. We're going to have to win at least 1 of the Spurs and Liverpool games.

And then its whoever can stay most consistent against the riff-raff.

One thing that might go our way, is that Chelsea don't have as much attacking depth. And I think Hazard will be off in the summer, so he might just tailor off in terms of his form.
Sid
Legend

2 weeks ago

Nice one, Ash. I'm also at work and can't be arsed. For me the Wolves game is the most important outside of the top 5 because their record in big games is class. But to my mind they're better away from home, so I'd rather play them at theirs.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

2 weeks ago

It's hard to say at the moment, will have a better idea after we've played Spurs.

No blame on Ole but our defence worries me against quality opposition. Think that may be our undoing for this season...
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour