vs Reading

Forum for match day threads
FuB
Legend

2 months ago

Is this a useful fixture to build up some more momentum or a ballache fixture against a team that will probably treat it like a cup final?

Does anyone care if we stay in the FA Cup given we probably have better priorities?

Could this be an option to give game time to some of the kids?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

I'm more optimistic about winning this now the bus driver has gone. We'll probably have to beat one or two of the top 5 to win it, so it's unlikely, but why not have a crack now that we have ambition again.

I'd field a mixed team, some kids, some senior players, and go at em. Play Gomes.
FuB
Legend

2 months ago

I'm inclined to agree. A winning mentality implies actually trying to win... and trying to win everything you can, unlikely or not.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 months ago

We need to strike a balance. A bit of game-time for a young prospect or two makes sense, but we can win this competition. I also think fitness is important - our team didn't run much under Mourinho. But Ole wants em playing with much more energy, so daft as it sounds, but some of em may not be as fit as they need to be. Lukaku and Sanchez need a game - they should start. With either Chong or Greenwood up front. Fred and Perreira in midfield. Maybe with Gomes. Dalot at right back.
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

Let's just try to win every game and see what happens. As for playing our kids, i think Ole needs to square away our first 11 first (something Jose never came close to) and create some competition for places. Then he can slip in a younger player. Getting Rashford, Lingard, Lindelof, Shaw, Martial, bedded in seems more of an immediate priority.... Winning games will speed all this up.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

We should definitely take this seriously, but also definitely rotate. Another opportunity to work on defensive organisation/defensive relationships, and rotate our attacking players, plus kids. I'd give Rash a day off.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

OGS says Lukaku and Sanchez will start, no Pogba, kicked about too much by Benitez’s mob.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
OGS says Lukaku and Sanchez will start, no Pogba, kicked about too much by Benitez’s mob.
He needs a rest otherwise his game will gradually suffer. A lot of em do after this mad run. Then we'll be stronger as we reel in Chelsea
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

12:30 is too early for football....... anyway, COME ON UNITED!!!!!
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

Romero,Dalot, Darmian, Jones, Young, Fred, Pereira, McTominay, Mata, Lukaku, Alexis