vs PSG

Forum for match day threads
marlon
Legend

2 months ago

Ole had his hands tied by injuries, but he was outcoached as well. We're far too slow in midfield, on and off the ball, especially considering we never really keep possession. What's the point of Matic in a team that wants to get the ball forward quickly and needs to win it back quickly? He doesn't even protect the defence. Especially disappointing to be outplayed in midfield when they played with 6 defenders and 1 CM.
marlon
Legend

2 months ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
2 months ago
defo a lot of fickle cunts on here tbf

I mean suddenly cunts are calling it a good decision to let young sign the deal
He's shit but also our best fullback
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
2 months ago
sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
2 months ago
It's amazing the swings in perspective some of you lot have. The same players who were dross under Jose who then showed that under Ole they can play far better you all get overly positive and then declare the players dross again because we come to the end of a class run to PSG in the CL..... ffs.....
Stop making shit up, mate.

The squad has always needed investment, it's just that Jose was unable to get more out of the players than he ought to have done. We have a squad that's easily capable of finishing in the top 4, but if we're going to consistently challenge the Man Citys and Liverpools of this world, we have to invest.

If we seriously aspire to win the CL, we have to invest.
Me making shit up? I never mentioned investment. You think I don't think we don't need investment? You've pulled that out of your arse. You haven't addressed the point i made at all numbnuts....
Well Sheesh? I see you've been back on and posted and ignored my response to your ill informed post. What's up? Are you one of those dickheads that comes on a forum and bottles every confrontational encounter. Or are you one of those sensitive types that Bri likes to whine about or do you have a response and you just missed my post? :-?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
2 months ago
fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
brianofnazarethffs wrote:
2 months ago
fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
sheesh wrote:
2 months ago

The squad has always needed investment, it's just that Jose was unable to get more out of the players than he ought to have done. We have a squad that's easily capable of finishing in the top 4, but if we're going to consistently challenge the Man Citys and Liverpools of this world, we have to invest.

tbf to Laz, he's not mentioned the squad. He's talking about the fickle cunts on here, who have been spunking into their socks for the past few weeks at how fucking awesome the players are and now saying how shit the players are because they're being outplayed by a much better team. We've got 3 more fucking hard games coming up, expect more slagging off.
So people can't comment on players having a poor game? That counts as "slagging off" FFS. Praised them for weeks but tonight we were poor and they lacked quality in the attacking side of the game.

Some players have been poor tonight, if that comment upsets you you need to fucking grow up and stop being so sensitive.
Still throwing hissy fits I see......
No hissy fit. I've taken out the "fucking grow up" but you already quoted me! Ha. Just think its nuts someone can't mention how poor some players were tonight without being accused of "slagging the players off". I've done nothing but sing their praises when deserved.

Ole got it wrong bringing Mata on too.
The problem is Bri, your all over the place and you back nothing up. You pop up, post stuff, people take the time to reply and you disappear. You rival Knobby with his non participation arse gravy. WTF, did you two want to be preachers? Or graffiti artists......... The Billy Graham and Banksy of Rant.
sheesh
Legend

2 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
2 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
2 months ago
sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
2 months ago
It's amazing the swings in perspective some of you lot have. The same players who were dross under Jose who then showed that under Ole they can play far better you all get overly positive and then declare the players dross again because we come to the end of a class run to PSG in the CL..... ffs.....

Me making shit up? I never mentioned investment. You think I don't think we don't need investment? You've pulled that out of your arse. You haven't addressed the point i made at all numbnuts....
Well Sheesh? I see you've been back on and posted and ignored my response to your ill informed post. What's up? Are you one of those dickheads that comes on a forum and bottles every confrontational encounter. Or are you one of those sensitive types that Bri likes to whine about or do you have a response and you just missed my post? :-?
This will be my last point on the matter. I haven't got time to spend my day arguing on a football forum. You have this annoying tendency to fish for an argument, and last night I admittedly bit.

Re "swings in perspective" - you make this statement without actually naming the players you're referring to. If I misunderstood your original post, it stemmed from this.

I'm not sure anyone was overly harsh on the players we can now normally rely on (like Pogba). If they didn't play as well last night as we know they can do, people are allowed to say so. It doesn't mean that we don't acknowledge their recent form. I think most of us recognised that Mourinho wasn't able to get the best out of Pogba, Rashford and Martial. That's on him. Most of us said that at the time.

There are other players that are simply not good enough (and never were), and need moving on and replacing. Again, this is something we all know. This is where my point about investment came from.

Now that's me done, Laz. Enjoy the rest of your day.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 months ago

The quality of delivery for their goals was first class. We don’t have anyone who can cross a ball. If the left side isn’t firing we have nothing down the right.

Time to give Dalot a run, and FFS get a top right sided forward in the summer. When’s the last time we had one? Ronaldo? Nani wasn’t top drawer - but he’d still be better than anything we’ve got now down that side.
fat maradona
First Teamer

2 months ago

Time to give Chong a decent run out down the right.

Half the battle is re-programming the players away from the side-ways and backwards shite that LvG and Mourinho coached. Martial is electric but he hesitates in taking on players and a number of our midfielders don't see the forward pass like Verratti and Draxler were picking out last night.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
Time to give Chong a decent run out down the right.

Half the battle is re-programming the players away from the side-ways and backwards shite that LvG and Mourinho coached. Martial is electric but he hesitates in taking on players and a number of our midfielders don't see the forward pass like Verratti and Draxler were picking out last night.
Veratti and Draxler were class. We've got one half of a midfield like that in Pogba, but another cunt like Veratti would be great
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
2 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
2 months ago
sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
2 months ago

This will be my last point on the matter. I haven't got time to spend my day arguing on a football forum. You have this annoying tendency to fish for an argument, and last night I admittedly bit.

Re "swings in perspective" - you make this statement without actually naming the players you're referring to. If I misunderstood your original post, it stemmed from this.

I'm not sure anyone was overly harsh on the players we can now normally rely on (like Pogba). If they didn't play as well last night as we know they can do, people are allowed to say so. It doesn't mean that we don't acknowledge their recent form. I think most of us recognised that Mourinho wasn't able to get the best out of Pogba, Rashford and Martial. That's on him. Most of us said that at the time.

There are other players that are simply not good enough (and never were), and need moving on and replacing. Again, this is something we all know. This is where my point about investment came from.

Now that's me done, Laz. Enjoy the rest of your day.
:tosser:
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Tbf we only need a 2-0 win. Only.

But Ole basically said 'if we're still in it with half an hour left who knows what can happen' - so we're probably going to keep it tight and try and nick a goal or two, like the old Fergie days. Not sure it's the best tactic nowadays.