Reelin in the Title.

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

I'm almost positive we can't do it but I wonder how close we can get to the Prem title this season. City and Liverpool are wobbling and as the weeks pass squeaky bum time kicks in. In the FA Cup and CL we have as decent a chance as anyone else progressing in these will only give us confidence. Even Pep thinks we're not out of the title race yet. It's not in our hands Liverpool and City will have to fall apart.....

Stranger things have happened!!!!!!!

8-}
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

We'd have to outperform four teams ahead of us by 15 points with 13 matches to play. I'm pretty sure stranger things actually haven't happened! I'd just be delighted with top 4 tbh.
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

39 points to play with...... I'm not saying we can do it, i'm more drawing attention to the turn around in our season.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

If they'd have sacked the special once sooner we'd have been in for a more realistic shout of shitting up Liverpool and City
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
If they'd have sacked the special once sooner we'd have been in for a more realistic shout of shitting up Liverpool and City
"Special once" :-BD

:))
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 months ago

Obviously its not happening. But imagine we get the gap down to less than 10 points. It was 16 points when Ole joined, after 16 games. We'd have outperformed whoever ends up as champions by quite some way, over more than half the season. That would have to bode well for next season, especially when you consider that there are 3-4 first team spots that can obviously be strengthened in the summer.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
2 months ago
Obviously its not happening. But imagine we get the gap down to less than 10 points. It was 16 points when Ole joined, after 16 games. We'd have outperformed whoever ends up as champions by quite some way, over more than half the season. That would have to bode well for next season, especially when you consider that there are 3-4 first team spots that can obviously be strengthened in the summer.
This is it, finishing less than 10 points off top and beating our rivals along the way like we are doing, then replacing the iconic Jose shite will continue the momentum and positivity throughout summer

Then we'd go into next season with belief that we can win the league.

Tbf when the special once left the players / club immediately just started operating as a big title winning club again, so the belief is probably already there, just needs a few need additions and a bit of tweaking
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

2 months ago
It is happening, we're just running out of runway........ :(

Bring on next season! (as long as it's Ole at the helm)
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
2 months ago
2 months ago
It is happening, we're just running out of runway........ :(

Bring on next season! (as long as it's Ole at the helm)
Yeah that's kind of what I meant. We're reeling them in, we just don't have enough games left.

I also worry that the squad is thin in some areas, in terms of quality. Take Rashford or Pogba out and we'd have problems, because it'd be the likes of Lukaku coming in.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

2 months ago
I also worry that the squad is thin in some areas, in terms of quality. Take Rashford or Pogba out and we'd have problems, because it'd be the likes of Lukaku coming in.
Exactly. Pogba would be an even bigger loss. All our creativity comes through him.