Champions League....

Manchester United chat
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

2 months ago

Now that either Liverpool or Spurs win that and either Chelski or Arsenal win the Europa does that mean extra places for those that finished outside top 4?.... asking for a friend...
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
Robbo
Legend

2 months ago

United deserve in no way to get into the Champions League through some loop hole and looking at that article they will not, even better that on the 25th of July that the team start earning their keep by qualifying or playing for qualification for the Europa League and not showboating against Spurs in China on the same day.
-----------------------------------------------------
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 months ago

I was wondering the same thing, but I'm glad that there's no back door route. We don't deserve it, and we can't keep getting by, by the skin of our teeth. Our short comings as a top Football Club need laying bare, brutally. And the focus needs to lie squarely at the door of the commercial fuckwits running the football side of the operation. Enough is enough.

We're a laughing stock, and it can't be allowed to continue.
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

2 months ago

Woodward has got to be biting his fingernails down to the nubs, instead of a lucrative money making game against Spurs in China we may end up having to play a qualifier to get into the Europa Cup.

He just hates it when football gets in the way of profit.
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

Worrying to see that Woodworm is backing the ECA idea of creating three super European leagues, even though it's been roundly condemned by the main national leagues. That's his back door plan.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

swampash wrote:
2 months ago
Worrying to see that Woodworm is backing the ECA idea of creating three super European leagues, even though it's been roundly condemned by the main national leagues. That's his back door plan.
10 years ago I didn't take the idea of a european super league seriously. But now football has become so gentrified, so wealthy, so full of rich cunts that it appears more plausible. It's stuff like hosting the europa league final in a non european country, and only giving fans 12k tickets out of 68k. And the fact there's probably enough affluent people following the big clubs to be able to frequently fly around europe to watch their team.
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

Can only be about earning more money. Hence Wormwood's interest when every other national league has told them to fuck off.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

swampash wrote:
2 months ago
Can only be about earning more money. Hence Wormwood's interest when every other national league has told them to fuck off.
The national leagues, like the all conquering Prem, will have to suck it up if the broadcasters like Sky, BT and Amazon who generate most of the wealth decide to back a euro league instead. I can't see it happening yet, but if football carries on at this trajectory I can in the future.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 months ago

If the super Leagues are determined purely by 'prestige' and the likely commercial and TV revenue that can be driven by the biggest clubs - and they will - forget any lingering idea of us trying to actually rebuild in a football sense. There'll be zero fucking need. And the Glazers will become even more entrenched.