v Leeds

Forum for match day threads
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

4 months ago

This isn't a defence of how we go about things, cos we're a mess.

But one of the challenges that Premiership sides have is the 'inflated' prices we'll be quoted for players on the European market. I sense a bit of resistance to it this summer. Not just from us. Klopp saying that Liverpool can't spend like they did last year. Arsenal aren't flashing the cash, though they never really do. Even without the transfer ban, I think Chelsea would've looked to get their young players through this year.

De Ligt went for 67m FFS. If he'd come here, we'd have had to pay nearer 100m. They've signed 3 other young defenders for 15-20m a pop - we had to pay 50m for AWB.

Its getting stupid, even with the TV revenue's as they are.
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
4 months ago
Pikey McScum wrote:
4 months ago
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
4 months ago
look at how juventus go about their shite compared to us ffs,we were miles ahead of them
Yup, their rebuilding project over the past few years has clearly been enough to entice both established and up-and-coming players.

Our rebuilding project requires the whole fucking thing to be knocked down first!
apparently they've signed 8 players ffs yet ole tells us more than a couple is fantasy, utter line towing twat
According to this, Juve have signed seven players, all of them potential starters. But three were free -- Ramsey, Rabiot, Buffon -- and with sales they're only €40M out for the window. That's professional transfer business.
marlon
Legend

4 months ago

Italy also have that new tax policy for footballers so they can afford crazy (PL) wages now
FuB
Legend

4 months ago

marlon wrote:
4 months ago
Italy also have that new tax policy for footballers so they can afford crazy (PL) wages now
If you mean the "new resident regime" of 2017 that only applies to income sourced from outside of Italy.

That works out for footballers themselves in terms of sponsorships, I expect, but I don't think it helps clubs pay higher wages in Italy.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
marlon
Legend

4 months ago

https://en.as.com/en/2019/06/27/footbal ... 58007.html

this one I think? i kept hearing about it with alderweireld and roma but I don't know the details
FuB
Legend

4 months ago

marlon wrote:
4 months ago
https://en.as.com/en/2019/06/27/footbal ... 58007.html

this one I think? i kept hearing about it with alderweireld and roma but I don't know the details
blimey... I almost feel like fucking off somewhere else for a couple of years so I can come back and take advantage of that.

no surprises a taxation scheme clearly designed to reverse the long standing exodus of Italian graduates will be taken advantage of by multi-millionaire footballers.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

Berlusconi did untold damage to Milan and serie a. The cunt should be hanged upside down for that alone.