Legend

2 months ago

:-?
lkhm

hoofing
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

He hasn't looked great so far this season. Hopefully just a dip, because he was good last season. Definitely seems to be Ole's first choice to partner Maguire, then Tuanzebe. I think he looks at the likes of Rojo as utility players, and wouldn't be broken hearted to sell them.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Our second least shite CB
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

Our defence is still costing us points. He's been guilty of conceding a few goals already and we've lost points by fine margins.
He should be replaced too. Koulibaly looked excellent against Liverpool this week. Or someone else, but I hope we buy someone this window.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

2 months ago

he’s an arsenal player for me
lkhm

hoofing
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
Our defence is still costing us points. He's been guilty of conceding a few goals already and we've lost points by fine margins.
He should be replaced too. Koulibaly looked excellent against Liverpool this week. Or someone else, but I hope we buy someone this window.
Koulibaly looks fantastic against LFC, I'll bet that Pep would pay whatever Napoli want to get him to City about now.
marlon
Legend

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
We have the equal best defensive record in the league so far, even with de Gea off his game. It’s our attack that’s costing us. There are 5/6 who should be replaced before we get to Lindelof.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

marlon wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
We have the equal best defensive record in the league so far, even with de Gea off his game. It’s our attack that’s costing us. There are 5/6 who should be replaced before we get to Lindelof.
Our defence has been good without looking impenetrable, but 2 out of the back 4 are new to the club, so hopefully it's only going to get tighter and tighter at the back. Right now scoring is definitely the greater problem. And we're not scoring enough because we're not creating enough. We're actually a bit of a set piece team, if you think of playing for penos as a set piece tactic. But there's no one new coming to the rescue. The squad we've got has somehow got to produce a more balanced, more creative, and more prolific attack.
FuB
Legend

2 months ago

RedDevilinAZ wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
Koulibaly looks fantastic against LFC, I'll bet that Pep would pay whatever Napoli want to get him to City about now.
but, then again, Koulibali was part of a Napoli defence which shipped 4 goals against Juventus a couple of weeks ago, scoring one of them himself with a magnificent shank off his shin into the top corner. Jones would have been proud of it, it was that good.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

Lindelof's agent, apparently:
"Victor Nilsson Lindelöf was perhaps Manchester Uniteds best player last season and with that comes interest from clubs who are better on the pitch right now. When Mathijs De Ligt chose Juventus, Victor became Barcelonas first choice. His play style, his DNA is very close to the way Barcelonas plays. He's one of the best center backs on his feet and Barcelona wanted him. That was it. I can talk openly about that now.

They contacted Ed Woodward multiples times with concrete offers. I met with their head of transfers Matt Judge to try and get a deal through. But they said "There is no way. Victor is one of our best players". It ended up with a new contract instead even though Victor had three years left on his contract. Normally they don't do extensions with players that have so long left on their contract, but when interest came in from this type of level they had no other alternatives."
https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/ ... isslyckade

We really need to turn things around. Fighting to hold onto the players that the club values. Dropping down the table. Out of the CL.