Squad

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

Scholes - “I just don’t see United getting closer to City. City are a really good side, great manager, some great players, a way of playing that they all know about and Manchester United seem to be not too sure what’s going on.

“You don’t really know the team, you don’t really know the players, you don’t know how they’re going to perform from one week to the next.
So I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see them challenging for the league this year.”

I've been saying this for the last 4 years in defense of our players. They've had any flare they had battered out of them, even the new players have the life sucked out of them after a few weeks.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

Four other players facing uncertain futures are Luke Shaw, Ashley Young, Ander Herrera and Juan Mata, who are out of contract at United next summer, but Mourinho said he wanted the quartet to sign new deals. The Portuguese also referenced goalkeeper David De Gea, who is one of eight players out of contract next summer but with options on the club’s side to extend by a further 12 months.

“I hope they will stay,” Mourinho said. “We had a similar conversation last season about Marouane [Fellaini] and I was always saying I hope he stays, I believe he stays. I say the same [now]. I hope they stay. Of course, I am happy with the players."

“David [De Gea] is David, no need of more words. Luke’s evolution made us believe he goes in the right direction and, of course, I want to keep him. Juan and Ander, even if they are not playing or not playing a lot, not starting matches, by the personality point-of-view and character point-of-view, by what they represent in the modern society in football, they are almost unique pieces that I also don’t want to lose.”

So he wants to keep the dross. So Jose doesn't think it's the players fault then, unlike so many posters on here.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Keeping the dross going into 4 seasons... I think that proves those like Bman who said he would keep them right
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

Dross Smalling scores with a composed finish.
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

Reports are saying that Bailley wants to bail on us as well, Spurs and Arse seem keen to snap him up. FFS!
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 month ago

he’s no loss
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

Yes he is
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

So Maguire was meant to be his replacement. It makes sense now.

The club were right to veto the move. Jose can't keep falling out with players ffs. If he had his way we'd be without Martial, Rash, Pog and Bailley - after already fucking up on Mickey and Lindelhoof.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

1 month ago

maguires better than bally mind, ditch the cunt, another henize for me
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

“I was dealing with this at 19; living in Manchester by myself, nowhere near anyone else, because the club had a hold over where I lived. They hadn’t given me a car, like every other player. Nothing. I’m living in this hell by myself, away from my family …” – Wilfried Zaha lifts the lid on his ill-starred spell at Manchester United.

Leaving the managers out of it, if this is the best United can do when welcoming young players to the club it's no wonder so few of them enjoy being there. OR improve while they are there....... FFS he was only 19.....