Squad

Manchester United chat
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

6 months ago

Looking at yesterday as a template for how we want to play, I see no place for Lukaku. But Sanchez should be in his element
FuB
Legend

6 months ago

Sid wrote:
6 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
6 months ago
bman2 wrote:
6 months ago
It was a very sensible lineup. I was optimistic when I realised Lukaku and Sanchez weren't available, because from a practical perspective, keeping things simple, it made sense for OGS to play Lingard, Rashford, Pogba, Martial, and Herrera together. They've all shown in the past that they have good understandings, all good at pass and move one touch stuff; three of them came up through the youth system, and Martial and Herrera have shown that they're good at that kind of football.

So where would Lukaku and Sanchez fit into the lineup against Cardiff? Is there a place for them?

Herrera and Pereira look like naturals for this kind of football. Fred, Lindelof, and Dalot are promising too.

The obvious challenge is to figure out how to make us tighter at the back.
If Lukaku and Sanchez have to sit it out it's tough shit. If Ole has a team that works and we are playing better and winning we'll soon see who works and who doesn't. Competition to get into a team that works is how we'll raise standards.

Also if we push up and play attacking football we'll have to leave space at the back and not have 6,7 players sitting back. Therefore our defenders will be forced to improve and I think they will just through nesscessity. Jose's defensive overloading and the years before that have made our players lazy, slow minded and comfortable. If they have to play more one on ones they'll sharpen up.
That last paragraph - spot on. Joses dogshit lazy reactive defensive football is done. Ole has em pressing a lot more so the players are going to have to get a lot fitter, and then learn to defend and control games with possession rather than parking the bus and praying.
Maybe having just 4 at the back will make them defend better. Maybe having 7 at the back meant every cunt thought some other cunt was picking up the players that ghosted past them. Maybe having more space to play in will make them command their space. Wishful thinking probably but just... maybe
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

6 months ago

We saw it against Liverpool last week. He was so scared of their front 3 that he marked em with 7. Which means 3 or 4 of their midfielders had all the time and space in the world.

Telling your defenders they're shit, then asking them to spend 90 mins defending their box and giving the opposition time and space to control how they build possession..... fucking genius.
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
6 months ago
We saw it against Liverpool last week. He was so scared of their front 3 that he marked em with 7. Which means 3 or 4 of their midfielders had all the time and space in the world.

Telling your defenders they're shit, then asking them to spend 90 mins defending their box and giving the opposition time and space to control how they build possession..... fucking genius.
That game encapsulated the shitness of Jose: asking players he's openly slagged off and tried to replace (including ones he'd signed) to carry out his useless tactics that didn't work. And we got battered
marlon
Legend

6 months ago

Smalling/Bailly must be one of the fastest CB pairings in football. Ideal for playing a high line
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

6 months ago

Ole’s first 5 games has shown that we can field a fine side, that can play good football and get on the front foot. But we’ve also seen at least a little evidence of the limitations of the squad as a whole. To get to the level of a Man City or Liverpool, we need to ship out plenty.

Valencia, Fellaini, McTominay, Lukaku, Jones, Rojo, for me, are definitive ‘outs’.

Young and Smalling should be very much backup players. You’d probably say the same for Matic, Herrera and Mata.

Sanchez needs to sort his shit out, as does Fred - but I think it’s early days for both, particularly given our change in ethos.

Major surgery is needed to get back to the top.
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

If Sanchez is going to be a crock bin the cunt. Fuck shelling out every week for twats that don't merit it. We'd be better off giving his wages to two young players who're hungry and will give more.
Lazarus
Legend

6 months ago

We need to give it a bit of time, i've a feeling Ole knows what he's doing. The players are here now, we can't get rid of 5,6,7,8 players and replace the same number so not all the players people want rid of are going to go. If the football keeps improving we'll not be long spotting the players who can't cut it. Getty rid of any of our younger players is stupid, there are a few older players who are naturally going to go first.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

6 months ago

Based on the evidence so far, the following look like the might be surplus to Ole's requirements:

Lukaku, Mata, Fellaini

Too soon to say: Fred, Sanchez, the various CBs
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

Fellaini, fucking hell, I'd forgotten about him. I love how Joses "most important player" has barely played under Ole