Squad

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

Smalling coming back from injury is a big help. Smalling with Lindelof might be our best CB pairing.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

7 months ago

Slightly off topic, but I read online last night that in our 99 treble season, a starting line up of Schmeichel, Neville, Irwin, Johnsen, Stam, Beckham, Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Yorke, Cole only actually started 1 PL game together.

Really surprised me did that, as that XI is what I'd most associate as our strongest line up. But the likes of Berg, Butt, Blomqvist, Sheringham and Ole featured a lot.
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

Looks like Valencia's going to leave. Ole all but confirmed we're not going activate a 1 year extension, which has to be done by 5pm today.

Ole said “He is still not 100%. Working to get back fit. Antonio has had a fantastic career here at Man Utd but I’m not sure if he will agree on the next year. Depends if he gets back on pitch”

Thanks for the memories
Lazarus
Legend

7 months ago

Sid wrote:
7 months ago
Looks like Valencia's going to leave. Ole all but confirmed we're not going activate a 1 year extension, which has to be done by 5pm today.

Ole said “He is still not 100%. Working to get back fit. Antonio has had a fantastic career here at Man Utd but I’m not sure if he will agree on the next year. Depends if he gets back on pitch”

Thanks for the memories
He deserved better managers late in his career when he matured and improved.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 months ago

his peak was 8 years ago and it still wasn’t good enough
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

7 months ago

True. He had one proper good season back then.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

A lot of our squad players have made good cases for themselves these past few games. McT is growing in confidence and influence. Fred grew into the game yesterday, was good all round in the second half. Hopefully he gets a lot of confidence from this and kicks on. I thought Pereira was a bit iffy, but that might be harsh, they were all up against it and collectively we had a hard time retaining possession.
marlon
Legend

7 months ago

So now we've seen this lot under yet another coach, who are the dross? Who should we get rid of in the summer?
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

marlon wrote:
7 months ago
So now we've seen this lot under yet another coach, who are the dross? Who should we get rid of in the summer?
Fellaini's gone. Sounds like Valencia is going. Sanchez is dross. Rojo, Darmian are dross. Club might be content to let Mata leave. Probably one of Bailly and Jones is not needed.
marlon
Legend

7 months ago

I'd add Matic to that and we should give Bailly more time. He's still young for a CB, and he looked good once