vs Chelsea

Forum for match day threads
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

im sure there was nothing rooney related in him not playing a striker...
lkhm

hoofing
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Calvino wrote:Knobby u dont half write rubbish. Goodness me.

Seriously why don't you just get right lost and go support another team. Mourinho is a wimp of a manager. It is only here that he gets an easy ride from the gullible iliterate press because he is an idiot.

He gives it the big all and then sets a team out to play this way at Old Trafford in his first big game and you are chatting dust "that he could have tried to win it in the end mind " giving yourself the feeling that you are clever. You talk shite. A lot of the time. Moyes has not beaten any of the top teams bla bla.. He has beaten both Chelsea and United in the same season. He also beat City the year they won the title something we could not do.

We were tight enough and if Rooney had twice slid in van Persie instead of electing to shoot we might have won it. Only chances of the game fell to Welbeck and he blew them.
You have slagged Cleverly off but he was tactically solid today.

We will give any team wanting to win this league from a us a good run for their money. Mourinho has to do more.
Spot on... Mourinho's been talking a blue streak of shit all week, all in the hopes of unsettling Rooney, but when game day arrived, he couldn't even be arsed to play a striker himself... he didn't come to play football, he came to avoid losing his reputation... "look, see, you can't beat me"... but he never came to win.

He was the coward last night, not Moyes.

Spot on regards Mourinho tbf.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
Anantax
Legend

6 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Calvino wrote:Knobby u dont half write rubbish. Goodness me.

Seriously why don't you just get right lost and go support another team. Mourinho is a wimp of a manager. It is only here that he gets an easy ride from the gullible iliterate press because he is an idiot.

He gives it the big all and then sets a team out to play this way at Old Trafford in his first big game and you are chatting dust "that he could have tried to win it in the end mind " giving yourself the feeling that you are clever. You talk shite. A lot of the time. Moyes has not beaten any of the top teams bla bla.. He has beaten both Chelsea and United in the same season. He also beat City the year they won the title something we could not do.

We were tight enough and if Rooney had twice slid in van Persie instead of electing to shoot we might have won it. Only chances of the game fell to Welbeck and he blew them.

We will give any team wanting to win this league from a us a good run for their money. Mourinho has to do more.
Spot on... Mourinho's been talking a blue streak of shit all week, all in the hopes of unsettling Rooney, but when game day arrived, he couldn't even be arsed to play a striker himself... he didn't come to play football, he came to avoid losing his reputation... "look, see, you can't beat me"... but he never came to win.

He was the coward last night, not Moyes.

Spot on regards Mourinho tbf.
Spot on on the spot on tbf...
RobDiablo
Legend

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
RobDiablo wrote:TBF, there's no way to tell if Moyes rates Kagawa or not; he simply can't play him as anything other than a '10', and, unless he intends to play Rooney as an out-and-out CM or striker, that position is taken...
he could've brought him on wide, but would rather giggs and an unfit young
I don't rate Kagawa as a winger, and doubt he would have done as well as Welbeck in yesterday's match. I don't know if the combination of the physicality and pace of Premiership football and the constant need to track back is too much for him, but Kagawa only works as a '10' in this United side.
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

Calvino wrote:
I thought Cleverley was excellent yesterday, probably my man of the match. Best passer on the pitch and imposed himself defensively. Although I do think we need strengthening in central midfield, yesterday was a good demonstration of how much our midfielders are underestimated -- Carrick and Cleverley comprehensively outplayed a Chelsea midfield with superior numbers and name recognition.
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

It's also fucking annoying how many plaudits Terry gets for performances like yesterday. Yeah, he was stalwart, but he never left his own 18 yard box and offered zero distribution. Who contributed more to his side - Terry or Rio, whose ability to venture forward and pass the ball (which he did nicely several times) had us on the front foot the whole match? If our front four had performed better, it would have been more obvious how lopsided the game really was.
Lazarus
Legend

6 years ago

bman2 wrote:
Calvino wrote:
I thought Cleverley was excellent yesterday, probably my man of the match. Best passer on the pitch and imposed himself defensively. Although I do think we need strengthening in central midfield, yesterday was a good demonstration of how much our midfielders are underestimated -- Carrick and Cleverley comprehensively outplayed a Chelsea midfield with superior numbers and name recognition.
I agree they did do well but the problem is that Cleverly had to play so much better than he normally does. We need a midfielder who plays at a level were he makes a bigger difference in games like yesterdays.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
RobDiablo
Legend

6 years ago

bman2 wrote:It's also fucking annoying how many plaudits Terry gets for performances like yesterday.
I don't know how you saw the match, but I had to go with NBC's coverage in order to have the most stable stream. In any case, the praise for Terry might have been amusing if one didn't feel the color commentator was being perfectly serious. At one point, United had a break on, but rather than pick out the man behind Terry or square the ball to another open teammate, Valencia actually hit Terry with his poorly aimed pass. The commentator was in raptures about "Terry's positional awareness". I nearly choked on my pizza.
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

Haha. Yeah I was watching the american stream for a while, the commentators are terrible.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:im sure there was nothing rooney related in him not playing a striker...
No... but most of the crap coming out of his gob, has been about Rooney "NEEDING" to go where he'll be played, because the WC is coming... or... if a player isn't wanted, then he should be allowed to leave, even to a rival... or... and this one is great, "it was Moyes fault" that he's after Rooney, because Moyes said he was second choice!

So what message did he send to Torres, Ba, Lukaku or Mata, for that matter... that he couldn't find a spot for them in his starting 11 last night???

If any of these players asks to leave, do you think he'll mind strengthening a rival??? Do you think he'll sell Mata to United???

Mourinho is so full of shit, he must brush his teeth with toilet duck... and your weird support of him is getting ridiculous, considering how much you bitched about Uniteds boring hoofball the past couple years, when Mourinho is the absolute master of SHITE FOOTBALL!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."