Do you want to give LVG this summer or have we seen enough..

Manchester United chat
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

3 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:" no, no. It's over".

LVG to SSN.

Such a shame, I do really like LVG as a person, but the football was abysmal.
Agreed, though my 'affection' for him as a person really started to dwindle over recent weeks....
sheesh
Legend

3 years ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:" no, no. It's over".

LVG to SSN.

Such a shame, I do really like LVG as a person, but the football was abysmal.
Yeah, I agree with this. When he was on form, he did occasionally come out with some pearlers in interviews/press conferences.

How many other managers would talk about 'sex masochism' in an interview?

I feel really sorry for him, but he had to go.
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

Happy days he's gone, i'll miss him like i miss Moyes.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
senna
Legend

3 years ago

Reading social media etc some fans are still "sad" to see Van Gash go, i mean ffs. I'd give him thumbs up for winning the FA Cup, no one can take that away from him but the rest of his time was a disaster. People talking about playing youth bla bla, what about his fucking expensive signings? How many of them have been successful?

I got sick of him trying to look like the victim all the time, blaming ex-players, media and fans for "too high expectations". The longer the season got, the more smalltime and defensive he got.

Have a good one Louie!
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

I know it's over
And it never really began
But in my heart it was so real
Mumford
First Teamer

3 years ago

Despite all that has happened, I am in a way sorry to see him go, he did bring us a trophy in is second season.

The truth is we were spoiled rotten by Ferguson, I can remember all the 26 seasons when we won the odd FA Cup, or had a good cup run and thought it was a good season, it took Ferguson longer to bring us a trophy, people tend to forget that.

The difference is he hasn't done it with style, but he has done it with a squad that he put together, blended in a bit of youth, and produced a trophy, that is not easy for any one.

He can't be that bad a manager to have won four cups with four teams in four different countries.
Not even Ferguson did that.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

Lazarus wrote:If we win it the way we're playing at the minute then i can't imagine being overly chuffed. I don't know how much longer i'll be interested...
Found it, my first negative LVG post. 24th Nov 2015, 81 pages into the 'Re: Do you want to give LVG this summer or have we seen enough?' thread. Yeah i really have had it in for LVG. Again Sid facts are a fucker! Not like i didn't give him some time to settle in.
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

Mumford wrote: He can't be that bad a manager to have won four cups with four teams in four different countries.
Respect your point of view mumps, but you need to look a bit closer - specifically, which leagues, with which teams, and to what extent did he do it by taking over a team that had already been built before he took it over.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

swampash wrote:
Mumford wrote: He can't be that bad a manager to have won four cups with four teams in four different countries.
Respect your point of view mumps, but you need to look a bit closer - specifically, which leagues, with which teams, and to what extent did he do it by taking over a team that had already been built before he took it over.
you could say the same about Mourinho to a point, couldn't you? I mean, Ranieri bought most of the core of his first Chelsea team and Mancini built a lot of Inter
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Mumford
First Teamer

3 years ago

FuB wrote:
swampash wrote:
you could say the same about Mourinho to a point, couldn't you? I mean, Ranieri bought most of the core of his first Chelsea team and Mancini built a lot of Inter
This much is true,
And now Maureen will take over a squad put together by LVG, and barring a couple of much needed tweaks is the basis of the United squad for the next few seasons I think.
No doubt he will be given some money to spend, but I can't see the Glazers sanctioning another £250m spree
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head