Do you want to give LVG this summer or have we seen enough..

Manchester United chat
Mumford
First Teamer

3 years ago

swampash wrote:
Mumford wrote: He can't be that bad a manager to have won four cups with four teams in four different countries.
Not even Ferguson did that.
Respect your point of view mumps, but you need to look a bit closer - specifically, which leagues, with which teams, and to what extent did he do it by taking over a team that had already been built before he took it over.
Winning a knockout is lot more difficult than a league, it is a sprint, even looking back at Saturday, he must have said something to inspire those ten men.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 years ago

Mumford wrote:
FuB wrote:
swampash wrote:
Mumford wrote: He can't be that bad a manager to have won four cups with four teams in four different countries.
Respect your point of view mumps, but you need to look a bit closer - specifically, which leagues, with which teams, and to what extent did he do it by taking over a team that had already been built before he took it over.
you could say the same about Mourinho to a point, couldn't you? I mean, Ranieri bought most of the core of his first Chelsea team and Mancini built a lot of Inter
This much is true,
And now Maureen will take over a squad put together by LVG, and barring a couple of much needed tweaks is the basis of the United squad for the next few seasons I think.
No doubt he will be given some money to spend, but I can't see the Glazers sanctioning another £250m spree
I'm sure as hell Mourinho is not rejoicing at the squad that he's inherited! Fuck me it needs a lot of work! Especially if we want to challenge again.... If we win stuff next year LVG cannot be given any credit for it!
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Mumford
First Teamer

3 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
Mumford wrote:
FuB wrote:
swampash wrote:
you could say the same about Mourinho to a point, couldn't you? I mean, Ranieri bought most of the core of his first Chelsea team and Mancini built a lot of Inter
This much is true,
And now Maureen will take over a squad put together by LVG, and barring a couple of much needed tweaks is the basis of the United squad for the next few seasons I think.
No doubt he will be given some money to spend, but I can't see the Glazers sanctioning another £250m spree
I'm sure as hell Mourinho is not rejoicing at the squad that he's inherited! Fuck me it needs a lot of work! Especially if we want to challenge again.... If we win stuff next year LVG cannot be given any credit for it!
If all is to be believed then Carrick is off to the States or Japan, Smalling is going back to Maidstone, Luke Shaw has signed for the NHS team, Rojo is going to play for Andrex, and De Gea is off to Real... fuck all to worry about really
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
Mumford wrote:
FuB wrote:
swampash wrote:
This much is true,
But right many United fans said if we'd have given the job to Mourinho last season, we would have won the league. So now he has the same squad, and he'll have some of his own players, so he should be challenging for the title next season?
bman2
Legend

3 years ago

swampash wrote:
Let's not be too critical, there's no doubt he was very successful and very influential. Maybe his problem was that he was too influential -- everybody else absorbed his tactics, learned how to defeat them or improve on them, but he stayed kind of the same.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
Sid wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:
Mumford wrote:
FuB wrote: you could say the same about Mourinho to a point, couldn't you? I mean, Ranieri bought most of the core of his first Chelsea team and Mancini built a lot of Inter
This much is true,
But right many United fans said if we'd have given the job to Mourinho last season, we would have won the league. So now he has the same squad, and he'll have some of his own players, so he should be challenging for the title next season?
I know of absolutely zero people who said that at any time, let alone here? :-?

More Siddy straw clutching agenda. :-B
I heard it on 606 and outside the ground, not here, that's why I didn't put I heard it on here. But I'm sure if you're a true sad cunt and spend the next hour going through messages from around nov/dec time someone will have said something similar on here because it was a popular opinion when we were freefalling and were Mourinho looked imminent.

So does he win us the title or do we have to wait for him to build his team?
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:so he should be challenging for the title next season?
I would hope that he does challenge for the title. that's sort of the point of the league really. I know what you really mean but it sort of irritates me when people imply you have to have some sort of special setup or a "big team" before you can... case in point here is clearly Leicester, isn't it?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:Right! I know where your coming from now. I remember my window cleaner telling me last year he used to be the chancellor of the exchequer.

There's about as much chance of Jo-Mo winning the league with this team as there is the Loch Ness monster ridden by Madeline McCann winning the Derby. Too many need off loading. But at least 4 new editions would give us a fighting chance. At least we will look more attacking and more organised. That's the least we'll get.
then this doesn't make him the saviour you seem to think he is. Ranieri just won with a team that nearly got relegated. the special one should do better with a team that got 5th when it was clear most of the cunts couldn't be arsed for much of the season.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

And even when Van Bobbins is sacked, the ridiculousness continues... fuck me...

Mourinho won't win the league next year, but I'll bet the house he makes a better effort of it than Van Gall did, even if all he's got is THIS SQUAD!... and I'm also confident of top 4, at least...

But winning the league isn't just about Mourinho is it? Will he get much money to spend, and if so, will Woodworm spend it, and actually get the signings he's after and not the 3rd/4th/5th choice players???

And can we stop using Leicester as a benchmark... is there anyone here that actually believes that wasn't a one off?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
FuB wrote:
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:Right! I know where your coming from now. I remember my window cleaner telling me last year he used to be the chancellor of the exchequer.

There's about as much chance of Jo-Mo winning the league with this team as there is the Loch Ness monster ridden by Madeline McCann winning the Derby. Too many need off loading. But at least 4 new editions would give us a fighting chance. At least we will look more attacking and more organised. That's the least we'll get.
then this doesn't make him the saviour you seem to think he is. Ranieri just won with a team that nearly got relegated. the special one should do better with a team that got 5th when it was clear most of the cunts couldn't be arsed for much of the season.
I'm comfortable with a top four spot. Get that after undoing most of Van Sextons shite and I'd be happy.
Totally agree with this... but I would like to think we would be challenging for the title even if it was unrealistic. It fucking annoys me that we have to decide whether we have a realistic chance or not. Leicester didn't and they just got on with it and won it.

I know what Alf is saying about making Leicester a benchmark. I'm not. However, there's a lot to be said for team spirit, belief, etc. If the team starts the season with low fucking expectations of "top 4" then i'll be pissed off. This is a Moyes-like attitude and he got panned for it.