Brexit

Political Debate
Sid
Legend

1 week ago

The brexit white paper is published on thurday. I reckon we'll have more drama and resignations when some of the details are put down in writing.
sheesh
Legend

1 week ago

Robbo
Legend

6 days ago

FuB wrote:
1 week ago
sheesh wrote:
1 week ago
FuB wrote:
1 week ago
yeah... and let's say Labour get in... now they have fuck all time to get their feet under the table, negotiate through Brexit and spend the rest of history being the party that fucked Brexit up.

... almost as if that's what the tories would want.
I highly doubt that. Brexit has led to different parts of the UK feeling increasingly disconnected from London, particularly Scotland and northern Ireland. That's on the Conservatives, and it's also on them that there was even a referendum in the first place.

Our relationship with the EU is a sideshow. Brexit is, and always has been, about settling an internal party squabble. Labour haven't exactly covered themselves in glory, though. They were complicit in voting with the government to invoke article 50, for example. That was pretty fucking dumb.

I hope there will be a second referendum, and people will make an intelligent decision this time round. We are lurking towards disaster, otherwise.
yes, sorry... there was no intention to seriously invoke a conspiracy theory. however, it's not been unusual throughout history for the tories to fuck things up so much that the subsequent labour government needs to make difficult decisions, borrow heavily, blah blah... all for the subsequent tory government to demonise them over and conveniently ignore the fuckups they made beforehand.

there will never be a second referendum. too much egg is already on enough faces for anyone to ever admit they were wrong. none of them would ever admit they were wrong even if things were going smoothly.

I've been on holiday in France and elsewhere in Italy this last week and I met Leave supporters who are expats and STILL want Brexit. People who live in France and think Farage has something to say...think that Luxembourg-based bureaucrats are running Europe for their own ends and none of the member states has any autocracy at all. They left the UK due to and because of all the positives that the EU offers and want the UK to leave it. They are disgusted by the supposed runaway immigration that the EU is supposedly allowing yet ARE FUCKING IMMIGRANTS THEMSELVES!

Forget all the reasonable people with specific reasons for voting leave... there were also a shitload of complete fucking idiots involved in this farce.
Immigration FFs if I have a conversation with my mum on Brexit it always comes down to immigration even when I say but mother there are problems with immigration everywhere it always comes down to the immigrants which I think is the biggest problem with the generation of my mother. As for expats who have voted leave, want Brexit how fucking stupid can you be more than likely with a hard Brexit your going to be fucked well and truly. What pisses me off is what happens when it happens I still don´t have a clue as do many Brits in Europe and Europeans in the UK what will be. Apparently no change but personally I dont trust any one of these wankers with there claims all will stay the same as I live in Germany.

We need a referendum to change the name of the country because United Kingdom is a lie because there is fuck all united about the UK and Great Britain ? fuck off Britain stopped being great long ago, my personal favourite is Little Britain because at the moment that is the limit of the country.

All these fucking public schoolboy cunts regardless of Party be it Tory, Labour or the Hari fucking Krishna party need to be removed and normal people who now the trials and tribulations of joe public voted in.
-----------------------------------------------------
sheesh
Legend

6 days ago

Can you not apply for German citizenship, Robbo? You should look into it. I wish I was eligible.
Robbo
Legend

6 days ago

sheesh wrote:
6 days ago
Can you not apply for German citizenship, Robbo? You should look into it. I wish I was eligible.
I can mate but dont know what the score is when Brexit happens whether I could keep both or have to give one up.
-----------------------------------------------------
swampash
Legend

5 days ago

I'm in the same boat too Robbo. If I lose my right to vote in the UK in 2 years I will probably have to get a German passport, even though I am loath to give up my British nationality.
I don't think we will be able to have dual nationality - it seems to be reserved principally for the Turks as a way to appease Erdogan [which is just ridiculous].
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

5 days ago

Robbo wrote:
6 days ago
FuB wrote:
1 week ago
sheesh wrote:
1 week ago
FuB wrote:
1 week ago
yeah... and let's say Labour get in... now they have fuck all time to get their feet under the table, negotiate through Brexit and spend the rest of history being the party that fucked Brexit up.

... almost as if that's what the tories would want.
I highly doubt that. Brexit has led to different parts of the UK feeling increasingly disconnected from London, particularly Scotland and northern Ireland. That's on the Conservatives, and it's also on them that there was even a referendum in the first place.

Our relationship with the EU is a sideshow. Brexit is, and always has been, about settling an internal party squabble. Labour haven't exactly covered themselves in glory, though. They were complicit in voting with the government to invoke article 50, for example. That was pretty fucking dumb.

I hope there will be a second referendum, and people will make an intelligent decision this time round. We are lurking towards disaster, otherwise.
yes, sorry... there was no intention to seriously invoke a conspiracy theory. however, it's not been unusual throughout history for the tories to fuck things up so much that the subsequent labour government needs to make difficult decisions, borrow heavily, blah blah... all for the subsequent tory government to demonise them over and conveniently ignore the fuckups they made beforehand.

there will never be a second referendum. too much egg is already on enough faces for anyone to ever admit they were wrong. none of them would ever admit they were wrong even if things were going smoothly.

I've been on holiday in France and elsewhere in Italy this last week and I met Leave supporters who are expats and STILL want Brexit. People who live in France and think Farage has something to say...think that Luxembourg-based bureaucrats are running Europe for their own ends and none of the member states has any autocracy at all. They left the UK due to and because of all the positives that the EU offers and want the UK to leave it. They are disgusted by the supposed runaway immigration that the EU is supposedly allowing yet ARE FUCKING IMMIGRANTS THEMSELVES!

Forget all the reasonable people with specific reasons for voting leave... there were also a shitload of complete fucking idiots involved in this farce.
Immigration FFs if I have a conversation with my mum on Brexit it always comes down to immigration even when I say but mother there are problems with immigration everywhere it always comes down to the immigrants which I think is the biggest problem with the generation of my mother. As for expats who have voted leave, want Brexit how fucking stupid can you be more than likely with a hard Brexit your going to be fucked well and truly. What pisses me off is what happens when it happens I still don´t have a clue as do many Brits in Europe and Europeans in the UK what will be. Apparently no change but personally I dont trust any one of these wankers with there claims all will stay the same as I live in Germany.

We need a referendum to change the name of the country because United Kingdom is a lie because there is fuck all united about the UK and Great Britain ? fuck off Britain stopped being great long ago, my personal favourite is Little Britain because at the moment that is the limit of the country.

All these fucking public schoolboy cunts regardless of Party be it Tory, Labour or the Hari fucking Krishna party need to be removed and normal people who now the trials and tribulations of joe public voted in.
Spot on
sheesh
Legend

1 day ago

Sadly, Anna Soubry is one of the very tiny minority of Conservative MPs who will speak up with any conviction on the dangers of Brexit. The rest of them will put party before country every single time.

sheesh
Legend

1 day ago