Champions League Final 2011: Rant @ London drinks



The United Rant podcast crew will be attending the Manchester United Supporters’ Trust drinks event in London during the Champions League final this weekend. There are several meet-ups planned across the capital and in Manchester – we’ll be at Weatherspoons O2 Centre, near Finchley Road tube station in London, for the duration.

Fans can buy tickets for any of the events from MUST – there are venues across Manchester and London. We’ll be at venue #11 and all profits from ticket sales go to the trust. Tickets guarantee entry for pre-match drinks for those going to the game at Wembley (with easy access via the Metropolitan Line), plus a screening of the match and after-party for those who are not.

Join us where we’ll be recording supporters’ views before, during and after the match for the Rant Cast!

If you can’t get to Finchley Road these other Manchester and London events are taking place, all bookable via the MUST website (or here for the Fabric nightclub event).

Manchester

  • Ramada Piccadilly
  • Palace Hotel
  • Copper Face Jacks
  • The Point – OT, Lancs Cricket Ground
  • The Crown
  • The Quay House, Salford Quays
  • Mint Lounge, Manchester

London

  • Wetherspoons, O2 Centre, Finchley Road
  • North Star, Finchley Road
  • Walkabout, Finchley Road
  • Fabric Nightclub, Farringdon
  • Trinity Bar, Harrow
  • Sattavis Patidar Centre  (pre and post match party, NOT showing game)
Share Button

Comments

  1. FFS Southerners (I’m a bit jealous, actually, as I would have wanted to watch the game in London).
    It’s a bit late, but if anyone’s up for meeting up in Manchester, I’ll be around.

  2. What’s happening in Manchester for the final? Owt special?

    • I listed a whole bunch of events! Should have put them up earlier really but just wanted to confirm what the Rant crew were doing first in the unlikely event I actually sourced a ticket!

  3. I’ve been getting e-mails from MUST re venues in London and Manchester that are showing the game.

    Most places are sold out.

    For people in London, they’re showing the game at Ministry of Sound.

    In Manchester, there are tickets at 5th Avenue.

    I’ll probably watch the game at home if nothing’s doing but I’d be up for a meet-up in Manchester, if anyone’s free.

  4. Pretty much all sold out

    Was hoping something free or cheap would be happening

    They should project the game onto the moon or something

  5. Spudiator Spudiator says:

    Sounds like fun, shame it’s my brother’s wedding he same day!

  6. Alfonso Bedoya Alfonso Bedoya says:

    Anyone know where Cal lives?

    I say we all turn up on his door step, loaded down with booze and pork rinds…

  7. Alfonso Bedoya Alfonso Bedoya says:

    Spudiator said:
    Sounds like fun, shame it’s my brother’s wedding he same day!

    Getting married on the day of Uniteds Champs league final??????????

    Your brother’s a bit of an inconsiderate twat… in’t he?

  8. sidney said:
    What’s happening in Manchester for the final? Owt special?

    Fuck all! But i do know the city centre pubs have been ordered to serve plastic glasses?

    Yeh! Thats what i thought. Hoggs head on Deansgate is free admission, so is the Nags head, and the Old Grapes in Little quay street. But they’ll all be tooled up with doormen, so make your mind up by at the latest 5pm or you’ll not get in any of them.

  9. sheesh………
    i’m freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee if you wanna watch the game round my apartment…

  10. han said:
    sheesh………
    i’m freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee if you wanna watch the game round my apartment…

    LOL, thanks for the invitation but I’ve sorted myself out now.

  11. sheesh said:
    LOL, thanks for the invitation but I’ve sorted myself out now.

    awwwwwwww
    mad red and i were so looking forward to it too…

  12. Spudiator Spudiator says:

    Alfonso Bedoya said:
    Getting married on the day of Uniteds Champs league final??????????

    Your brother’s a bit of an inconsiderate twat… in’t he?

    Funny thing is, he’s not a football fan and probably doesn’t even realise the Champions League Final is on, so he may be in for a bit of a surprise when half his guests ditch the dance floor for the TV lounge in the hotel!

  13. Spudiator said:
    Funny thing is, he’s not a football fan and probably doesn’t even realise the Champions League Final is on, so he may be in for a bit of a surprise when half his guests ditch the dance floor for the TV lounge in the hotel!

    well i hope he has a wonderful day
    anyway he will live longer than any footie fan thats for sure!

  14. Alfonso Bedoya Alfonso Bedoya says:

    han said:
    awwwwwwww
    mad red and i were so looking forward to it too… we bought crab puffs and Pimms, and Madred has made some of his “special” humous…

    ffs…

    “Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don’t need badges. I don’t have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching’ tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you.”

  15. reddread says:

    I was going to host a small shindig at mine, but then a mate has booked a room for 20 of us in a pub in Heaton Moor, so that is where I shall be…

  16. reddread said:
    I was going to host a small shindig at mine, but then a mate has booked a room for 20 of us in a pub in Heaton Moor, so that is where I shall be…

    can we come???????

  17. Violent Banana says:

    IS the game actually being shown at the Ministry of Sound?? I can’t seem to find it anywhere on their website, or through google, or on the MUST website. The only link to it looks a bit dodgy to me…
    (here it is http://www.elevenevents.co.uk/)

  18. Amazingly there are some last minute Spoons tickets if anyone wants to join me…

    http://www.tickettailor.com/checkout/view-event/id/930/chk/0d8a

  19. OK and if you’re in Manchester for the day there’s an extra venue at 5th Avenue for all you indie kids :)

    This will guarantee entry as it’s likely to get super busy.

    http://www.tickettailor.com/checkout/view-event/id/925/chk/0d55

  20. Violent Banana says:

    Thanks for confirming Ed – though I snapped up two of the wetherspoons tickets when you said they were available. Thanks for all your help with this – see you there!

  21. Ed said:
    OK and if you’re in Manchester for the day there’s an extra venue at 5th Avenue for all you indie kids :)

    This will guarantee entry as it’s likely to get super busy.

    http://www.tickettailor.com/checkout/view-event/id/925/chk/0d55

    ffs fifth avenue?

    if their playlist is anything to go by, they’ll probably be showing the 1991 final rather than this year’s

Speak Your Mind

*